www.ITNinja.com

We have lots of things to fix and lots of features to implement but would love you to suggest what you feel is important to help us validate our priorities and add new ones!

1. Custom Wiki or Repository for CIR and/or MySQL Code

Currently you can search the site for specific things and you might stumble across useful CIR or MySQL code that someone wrote along the way, but it might be better if there was a repository with a compilation of useful scripts and CIR's that others have developed along the way. Here is an example of Chucks on git: https://github.com/csteelatgburg/K1000-Database-Queries.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Filter/Sort Questions

We should be able to view questions based on the number answers (and other criteria) so that those who have not yet received help don't get overlooked, and so we can find the best topics related to our questions.
    It would be best if a filter could be provided so that we can see only those items that we want based on date, number of answers, rating, or answers submitted by high ranking members.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Better separation between posts

Can we add a line of separation between two post..like was on appdeploy...will make posts more redable

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Michal Simek responded

Our software pages have been redesigned and offer much better separation of content as suggested.

4. 4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Show All button

Having to keep hitting the show more button to scan the threads is a pain, especially if you click on a thread. When you go back to the list you get to start all over again, very time consuming and frustrating.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Brian Link responded

Browsing questions (AppDeploy’s old message board threads) is now a lot easier. No more “show more” button. The questions main page has been redesigned here: http://www.itninja.com/question and read about the other updates we made last night here: http://www.itninja.com/blog/view/new-deployment-tips-and-q-a-browsing-features

Previous update below:

While “Show All” may in often cases be too many to show, we do need a better method for viewing lists than the current “Show more”. Especially as when you go “back” with your browser you loose your place and have to hit more again to get back where you were. This is a very high priority.

6. Editing a comment that contain " "

When editing a comment that contains " " the saved outcome will change to " "

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Software Error Content

As the site is set up to handle the discussion of deployment tips, offer similar support for software errors: by error number and/or message, tips on how to address errors on a software-specific basis.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Increase Visibility of Application Deployment Tips

I'm not able to find the information about installation scripts on itninia.com

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have “Deployment Tips” off the research menu— this is the equivalent to the Package KB feature of the AppDeploy website. You can search by software or browse from “Deployment Tips”.

We also call out software pages when browsing tags and have forced software pages with tips to the top of the search results in our new solution: http://www.itninja.com/blog/view/new-itninja-search-beta

9. Update the questions page with last poster and date of last post

It is difficult to follow threads now for me, as it always shows the orginal poster. This is ok, but I would also like to see the last poster, as well as the date/time of last post. This helps me in knowing if something has been responded to.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. login redirection still not working

If I'm on a page, but not logged in, when I login I'm still brought to the home page instead of being redirected to the page I cam from

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Search Box as well as Alphabetical List

Implement a search box above the Alphabetical listing on the Deployment Tips page to filters the results.

It is annoyingly innificient to have to click on the letter and then try to guess which number to click on down the bottom to find the software package you are looking for by 'Title' name.

The search box sould then be used to reduce/refine the results to a Specific 'Title' name or Software Vendor etc.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

As suggested, you can now filter the alphabetical list by keyword so it is much easier to locate what you seek!

12. Bug report: error occurs when submitting question with identical topic & tag

This happens consistently when submitting a question with, for example, the topic "Scripting." Then a question and description is entered, and below where tags are added, if the same tag is used as the topic, the error "something went wrong" occurs.

This appears to be true for any combination of topic and corresponding tag.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Global RSS feed(s)

I used a lot the rss feeds from appdeploy to get the news, tips, forum posts, etc and I really like to have this back. For now, I can only create custom feeds based on tags and, although useful in some cases, it doesn't cover everything. I know it is on your list to have global rss feed(s) and I hope there will be multiple feeds for different categories.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You’ll now find RSS feeds available on all tag, topic and community pages. Further, our new search solution being rolled out will also provide the option to subscribe to results via RSS!

14. When we try to edit a answer/comment.. it is going to initial state after clicking Save button..

When we try to edit an answer/comment.. It is not getting updated after clicking Save button.. If we do this for 2 or 3 times then it is getting updated.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You now see what was posted highlighted upon posting and don’t have to refresh the screen as was necessary when this feedback was provided.

15. Books and Guidense Tab

We need to have a database for books to be referred and other guidence materials for our community like Videos sections in appdeploy.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Post patches for KBoxes

This isn't necessarily specific to ITNinja, it could be done through the KACE Support page. But, I had several bugs from 5.4 that were bothering us on our K1. Eventually they hit a critical mass and I opened a support ticket. Turns out there were like 6 or 7 patches that had been released I didn't know about. Why not post these patches on ITNinja or Kace support? Even if I have to contact support to get the patches, at least post a notice that they are available and what they fix.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Share Blog Posts/Links/Questions via Email/Twitter/Facebook

I'd really like to see the ability to click a button and share a blog post/link/or update with email, twitter, or on facebook. I've found myself wanting to send a link to my co-workers while it's easy to just post a link, I think it'd be cool to click a button and have it pop up and ready to go.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve actually got this implemented now (but if you are not seeing it, perhaps not as effectively as I had liked to think). At the top right of the pages for questions and links (and at the bottom of the right sidebar for blogs) we have logo image buttons to share using Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn. The fourth share button pops up a more interactive sharing widget which even allows you to choose “show more” and see a long list of various social services with which you may wish to share.

Please let me know if you feel this is insufficient!

18. Increase RSS Feed to 30 Days

Initially, RSS feeds will contain the most recent 50 items. Would you like to see this changed to "most recent 30 days of content" instead of "most recent 50 items"?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

When browsing tag, topic and community pages the number of records returned by the corresponding RSS link is controlled by the pagination length— change your page length to 100 and your RSS feed will also contain 100 items!

19. Packaging and deployment techniques for Mac

Can we have an extra KB Blog on packaging and deployment techniques for packages designed for Mac.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The great thing about the tag based approach taken here at ITNinja is that you can write about any IT related topic. If we don’t have the software or topic your are writing about covered, you can easily add to our database of software and other tags. The site is moderated, but so long as the topic is IT related like “Packaging and deployment techniques for Mac” it will certainly be approved ;)

20. Quoted Posts

in AppDeploy we could quote posts in our reply posts to make it easier to read the replies. Now it seems that there are no more quotes which makes these posts with multiple quotes difficult to read and to understand.

Is there a way to bring back the quote tags in the posts?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

www.ITNinja.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base