www.ITNinja.com

We have lots of things to fix and lots of features to implement but would love you to suggest what you feel is important to help us validate our priorities and add new ones!

1. Increase RSS Feed to 30 Days

Initially, RSS feeds will contain the most recent 50 items. Would you like to see this changed to "most recent 30 days of content" instead of "most recent 50 items"?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Michal Simek responded

When browsing tag, topic and community pages the number of records returned by the corresponding RSS link is controlled by the pagination length— change your page length to 100 and your RSS feed will also contain 100 items!

2. Global RSS feed(s)

I used a lot the rss feeds from appdeploy to get the news, tips, forum posts, etc and I really like to have this back. For now, I can only create custom feeds based on tags and, although useful in some cases, it doesn't cover everything. I know it is on your list to have global rss feed(s) and I hope there will be multiple feeds for different categories.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You’ll now find RSS feeds available on all tag, topic and community pages. Further, our new search solution being rolled out will also provide the option to subscribe to results via RSS!

3. Know if a ticket has really been answerd from main screen

I started a topic and someone said they answered it. I tested it and this answer was not correct. Now my topic is moving down the list and from the main list it appears to be answered. I even went into the topic and selected that this was not answered.

This interface is too confusing and people that can help on the topic no longer look at the topic. These topics should bump back to the top when you add commits to them.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Brian Link responded

Thanks for the suggestion. I think you’ll see we’ve implemented something similar to what you suggested. On the question home page, you’ll see a green box with the answer count and the word “answered” under it when a question has been marked as answered. People will also more easily be able to find your unanswered questions in the tab dedicated to it on the same question home page. Read about the update here: http://www.itninja.com/blog/view/new-deployment-tips-and-q-a-browsing-features

Brian Link
    ITNinja Engineering Manager

4. Google found it on your page. Your integrated google search not? Why?

AppDeploy.com: Software KB: Crimputer Flash 1.0.0

www.appdeploy.com › Software KB - Diese Seite übersetzen

Full Name, Crimputer Flash. Version, 1.0.0. Publisher, Caterpillar. Contact, HuP. Comments, Database Update Crimputer. Uninstall String, MsiExec.exe ...

Caterpillar - AppDeploy > Software Knowledgebase > Browse

www.appdeploy.com › Software KB - Diese Seite übersetzen

Component Based Troubleshooting (CBT), 9.1.31, Caterpillar · Component Based Troubleshooting (CBT), 9.2.9, Caterpillar · Crimputer Flash, 1.0.0, Caterpillar ...

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Google results for AppDeploy links not working

When I Google an ancient software application looking for assistance of some type, I am usually happy to see a reference to an AppDeploy packaging KB. I would really like to see that KB when I follow the link. Instead I get the main page to ITNinja and am forced to search around in this slow, unintuitive new format.

I'm sorry, but the AppDeploy website was the best around. This one is a little ehh. I have yet to find anything useful on the updated site. I can't locate any of the old packaging KB's and might soon stop using…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Lots of clean up has been done to correct Google Search results on the site. Even better we are working now to replace the Google Search to our own custom implementation so we can better control the search experience on the site.

6. Text formats in Deployment Tip Summary

Text formats in Deployment Tip Summary are very "large"? Think this looks a bit messy.

For example see summary of FileZilla 3. Just used predefined styles.

Maybe there is a little bit of adjustment possible, to give it a better view :)

Thank you!

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Where is the content

The old content is nowhere to be found. This site is worthless as a resource if the old content cannot be located. Rebranding is one thing, but completely discarding everything of value and starting from scratch? That's just stupid.

I am really disappointed with this terrible new direction. The last thing we need is yet another blogging platform with clickbait headlines.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Discussions: Q&A
    Browse by topic: Topics
    Software: Research > Software
    Package KB: Research > Deployment Tips

8. Increase the size of the comment input box.

The comment box is rather small, especially for entering longer comments with technical details. I use Chrome for my browser, so I can easily resize the box, but it seems silly to have the default size be so small when you're expecting people to leave detailed answers.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We offer a full WYSIWYG entry box for answers now. Comments fields are still small by necessity but it sounds like this suggestion was really about answering questions and that has certainly been addressed.

9. PERFORMANCE!!!

Perhaps it's network traffic but the new site is INCREDIBLY SLOW!!! So slow in fact that I'm tempted to look for a new site. I am very frustrated at this change! I'm worried that in the attempt to make this site "better" you are going to convolute the content and bury it to the point that it's impossible to find with a responsible amount of effort. Please think of the user base here; my first impression is that you never asked the community what they liked about this site.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Anyone can mark a question as answered, not just the OP

I've just marked a question as answered, that I posted a repsonse to.
    I would have thoght that just the OP could mark this answered, as only they would know if it resolved their issue.

Or is it that anyone can mark as answered to show that the solution posted worked for them?

Here is the post:
    http://beta.itninja.com/question/what-are-the-msi-package-guids-for-earlier-versions-of-acrobat-reader

Thanks,

Paul

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Posting Box Ignores Your Carriage Returns Etc.

When posting a response to a question the posting box allows you to add carriage returns etc, but then ignores them when you click 'post' - squashing all the text up together and making it difficult to read

I suppose I just miss the whole formatting tools options on AppDeploy too - but I'll get over that :)

Thanks,

Dunnpy

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Looks like we squashed this bug a long time ago, sorry for not updating sooner!

12. Edit/delete comments

I would like to be able to edit or delete a comment that I have posted. My apologies if this is already implemented but I did not see a way to do it.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Hittin back button clears search results

After viewing a search result, if I hit the back button, the page goes back to a blank search page. I then have to type my search again and start over.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

In checking both the current Google search and the new Custom search described at http://www.itninja.com/blog/view/new-itninja-search-beta Neither clears when pressing coming back from visiting a result.

It could be a browser specific issue that we may or may not be able to correct for you. Please try the new search solution and if you see this behavior let us know what browser you are using and what steps you are taking so we can attempt to reproduce your situation.

14. Search results screen contrast

The Google site search results could benefit from more contrast between the text color and the background colors. With the dark grey text, it almost looks as if the text is disabled or hiding under a lightbox. I guess the best way to describe it would be that it looked dead.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Improve Marked As Answered Feature

Only the user who has asked a question should be able to mark the post as solution. There should be some more points for someone who is marking the post as solution as he has done some extra effort and should be rewarded.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Delete option

There should be a delete option on comment/posts which I post. If I have added something by mistake, i should be able to delete it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Problem with Tab controls

The Tab controls under the deployment tips don't appear to work properly unless I refresh the browser after clicking the link. I've tried in IE and in Chrome. Do I need to test in Firefox too?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Deployment Tip has a bad filter

I entered a deployment tip and it stripped out all the necessary syntax leaving the post inaccurate and less than helpful. Can this be fixed?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add Search Link for topics

Appdeploy strategy was very good. I never face problem regarding any of the topics during finding them. But here I never able to search topics for the problem which I'm looking for.

Isn't there any way for you to add a link like appdeploy to search topics?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. The "More Details" field only accepts plain text and is far too small on the "Ask a Question" page

On the old AppDeploy site, you could insert code snippets and other rich text items, and you could see many lines of text on the screen. Now, all I see is two lines of text and can't do anything but plain text.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

www.ITNinja.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base