www.ITNinja.com

We have lots of things to fix and lots of features to implement but would love you to suggest what you feel is important to help us validate our priorities and add new ones!

1. Broken images

I'm a Kace L1 support employee and wrote a blog for customers. Occasionally my images are broken. When trying to view the image I get a "403 Forbidden" message stating "You don't have permission to access /uploads/images/81803/uaay4g.png on this server."
    I've confirmed others get broken images as well.
    The article is here:
    http://www.itninja.com/blog/view/mastering-managed-installs

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Michal Simek responded

We had some image issues that I’m happy to report have been resolved. We have also implemented a better solution to ensuring these images (and profile images) are more reliably available so it should not happen again!

2. show xx results setting not saving

If I set the option on a page to show, say, 75 results, whenever I then go into a post and return, the setting is reverted to the default 25. Is there a way to make this persistent?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Improve the tagging mechanism

I start typing until I find a tag. I click on the tag and it is added, but then to start a new tag I have to delete my partial typing from the earlier tag.

I would expect that this partially typed tag would be removed automatically.

So then I complete my tagging, and I would like to hit the submit buttom, but if I hover over the tags field, it drops down covering the submit button. I am unable to submit until I click on the tags box, and press backspace.

As long as I avoid hovering over the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. IT Ninja points marks

The IT Ninja point scale has markings wrong in black belt area.. it is written 3 stripes, but there are 4 in image and likewise for a few more. Please rectify.
    Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  Brian Link responded

This was corrected in the last week or so, thanks again for catching it!

5. Improve Marked As Answered Feature

Only the user who has asked a question should be able to mark the post as solution. There should be some more points for someone who is marking the post as solution as he has done some extra effort and should be rewarded.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Delete option

There should be a delete option on comment/posts which I post. If I have added something by mistake, i should be able to delete it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Missing information

I was using the old page a few weeks ago to install Visual Studio 2010. Under Command lines, there were several different command line options to use.
    Now, I can only find message threads. One of them has a "Command Lines" option, but only includes 1 command line...which is actually a script which I cannot use. Please locate a populate the old command line information into the Visual Studio 2010 command lines.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently content is “hidden” not deleted, and if you have the URL for a hidden page you can still get to it. This will be improved shorty, but for now the issue appears to be that you tried to report something that is hidden and this is not a handled scenario. As hidden material does not show up in lists and search results this should be a very rare situation from now until when the issue can be addressed.

You can no longer view hidden content and we’ve taken a number of steps to minimize spam which are paying off well. In the rare case you do see some spam the ‘Flag’ feature now works as expected ;-)

9. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Automatic "Search by Tag" for all topics you are following

Could be I haven't found the option yet, but say I'm following a number of topics (app packaging, app virtualisation) I would like to have a list of the recent / new topics that contain any of these tags in one click, instead of having to manually compose this search..

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Yes, while it does not go back and dig up recent items, from the time you follow a topic (or anything else) onward all updates will appear in your personalized activity feed: http://www.itninja.com/profile#activity-feed

Also, on the search page you can add all the tags you like and then save the results as a saved filter. Then you can revisit the results with one click (all content, not just new or since you started following) and you can even view saved filters as an RSS feed to stay on top of things from outside the site.

11. A way to return to the results list

1. I do a search and get a list of posts.
    2. I choose one to read
    3. Then when I click the back button I am way back at the beginning and have to type in my search terms again.
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m happy to say that this is an issue we fixed a long time ago by moving away from the “show more” concept and instead implementing good old paginated lists!

12. Add personal website to profile

Include a location for personal websites as many of us have them. :) Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Actually this is in place now. The field is at the top of the page under company and location and is labeled “URL”. We’ll look into a better label but this is the purpose of the field.

13. Better path to Recently asked questions

Getting to recently asked questions from the homepage takes too many clicks. From the homepage you need to click See More under Q&A. This takes you to a page which shows "Featured Questions", "Popular Questions" and finally "Recently Asked Questions". Unfortunately that box displays even fewer than were on the homepage. Clicking "Show More" under recently asked questions gets you to a page that shows one additional question, you have to click the "More" button again before you see more questions.

I might be using the site wrong, but it seems like this is a very inefficient way to get…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  Brian Link responded

So the question home page was redesigned to make it a lot easier to browse questions. Let us know what you think! See it here: http://www.itninja.com/question and read all about the two big updates pushed last night: http://www.itninja.com/blog/view/new-deployment-tips-and-q-a-browsing-features

Brian Link
    ITNinja Engineering Manager

Previous update below:

We are currently working to improve browsing of questions and will be moving away from the “show more” concept. Right now, you might do best to choose “Answer A Question” from under the “Share” menu. Not ideal, but we are on it!

14. Answers to questions need a larger dialog

the 'answer' textbox is only a few lines long, which makes it difficult to write an answer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Search results screen contrast

The Google site search results could benefit from more contrast between the text color and the background colors. With the dark grey text, it almost looks as if the text is disabled or hiding under a lightbox. I guess the best way to describe it would be that it looked dead.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. View questions by category from Q&A Home

I would like the ability to view questions (both open and answered) by category, accessible from the Q&A Home.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. last post: never ??

Not really sure if this is something for the feedback section, but my profile info has been saying Last Post: Never since the start...
    Now I'm pretty sure that's not accurate :D Or is it just when I watch my own profile?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Improve Chrome Support

I'm wondering if some of the UI issues I've raised are because I nearly exclusively use Chrome browser. Please don't tell me this is going to be one of those sites I have to remember to load IE to use.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We fully intend to support the latest Chrome browser. Admittedly we did not focus on Chrome during initial development but we have since added Chrome to our core browser tests and any browser specific issues should now be identified. That said, if you see a specific issue please share it so we can be sure it is something we know about. Thanks!

19. Problem with Tab controls

The Tab controls under the deployment tips don't appear to work properly unless I refresh the browser after clicking the link. I've tried in IE and in Chrome. Do I need to test in Firefox too?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Search Link for topics

Appdeploy strategy was very good. I never face problem regarding any of the topics during finding them. But here I never able to search topics for the problem which I'm looking for.

Isn't there any way for you to add a link like appdeploy to search topics?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

www.ITNinja.com

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base