www.ITNinja.com

We have lots of things to fix and lots of features to implement but would love you to suggest what you feel is important to help us validate our priorities and add new ones!

1. Move the answered questions to their own tab.

Rename the ALL tab to Active Questions or just Active. It's good to see the answered question but a pain to scroll through all. Just seeing the active ones in their own tab makes it easier and an Answered Tab would let people look at the solution to educate themselves if they come across it.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Michal Simek responded

While we don’t currently have a way to view just those questions that are answered in a tab, we do have a “Unanswered” tab which I think meets your need for a list of questions that are active at http://www.itninja.com/question/unanswered

Was this overlooked or were you thinking of something more?

2. How to remove items from the activity feed

Question: How do I remove stuff from my Activity page that I don't care about any more. One general problem with this new site is that I can't find anything I want in the mass of too many search results or too long lists.

And please be specific in your answer. For example, don't say, "it's in your profile". Say, "after logging in, choose Activity, then the Interests tab, then scroll down and down until you see the heading "Questions, Blogs, and Links Followed". I think I'm doing twice as much scrolling on your site to find anything, as I…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Michal Simek responded

We will add a “clear activity” feature, but such does not exist at the moment. You can stop following things and they will stop resulting in updates to your feed, but right now you can’t remove items from the feed.

We are working on a major update to the profile area that will make it easier to manage what you are following.

A good suggestion, thanks!

3. Exclude self activity feed

I post alot of stuff and well I don't "not care" about what i've done I feel that activity feeds by myself clog up my activity feed so I can't view other peoples submission. A button to toggle viewing updates by oneself would be an great tool and make the activity feed a worth while place to visit.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Brian Link responded

Thank you. This was part of our original design but was ultimately not built. It is still on our list to do and we’ll let you know when we’ve started working on it.

4. Answer does not go at the end.

I just answered a Q and my answer ended up somewhere in the middle of the flow of answers, and not at the end. This makes it difficult to follow the flow of the answers provided and looks like mine is an earlier (dismissed) answer and not the latest one.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  Michal Simek responded

We are indeed planning to address this. As answers are sorted by rating it is not reliable that your new entry would always appear on the bottom. We intend to provide a success message and highlight the new entry in the near future so this is less confusing. Thank you!

5. With Step by step Video tutorial

Hi I am new in KACE and facing lot of issue on regular, there is no proper hep on Google, I have setup my on LAB and doing things as per the document guide on IT Ninja, UserVoice Dell KBOX etc. also this product is not much popular and no one posted help on it.

As per my suggestion Supoort team should upload all "Dell KACE K2000 System Deployment Appliance" content as in Video

Like this http://prajwaldesai.com/sccm/page/2/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add topic for "Application Compatibility"

Hello,

Please add topic for "Application compatibility" for tools such as Quest ChangeBASE, App-DNA.

Regards,
    Rupesh

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. setting up poll questions

Next to questions, blogs and software tips...
    The ability to create a poll.
    For example: favorite deployment method (I did already see this within questions). best MSI toolset. Or favorite color.

With optional: comments with answers, geolocation, business sector.
    Or course a policy/statement that it should not be used for politics and religion!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow sorting of items so that new answers/comments can be top of the list

AppDeploy used to show posts with the latest answers/comments first. At ITN, I have to scroll the entire page and check the last date. I can pass rows and rows of "3 days ago" or "A week ago" entries and then stumble upon one that was answered/commented on "x minutes|hours" ago".

I think we discussed this over email eons ago, Bob, but I'm only now posting it here, essentially because nothing seems to have happened with it! :-)

BR,
    VBScab/Ian

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When I give feedback, etc

I would like all my submissions that I make when loggged in to be accessible through my profile. Today i submitted a system request through "contact" and it just went into the "ether".

Any "feedback", "contact" requests, "answers" , "share" , etc to please be accessible through my profile

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Michal Simek responded

For now, you may look to your activity feed but the intention is to make the content counts on the profile page link to search results that will limit the items returned to the relevant data.

10. I think Inventory Records should be sorted by Version number

Also it would be good if a user could edit them

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add scrolling feature to items that I am following.

I have been "following" questions that I have answered to see if there would be any reply back from the other users. I haven't noticed this until I have started "not following" that only 10 questions are displayed. I'm assuming the same for blogs, and links? I need to be able to clean up questions that I no longer need to follow.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    started  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

www.ITNinja.com

Categories