View and edit Asset Records
The ability to see and edit the asset record attached to the computer record from within the mobile app
This is planned for an upcoming release to assist with asset management via mobile devices.
Martin Blessett commented
We are an official Dell Partner and our BarKode scanning app offers this funcionality. we have recently launched BarKode3 with improved funcionality and speed.
With BarKode 3 you will be able to:
• Scan and Create New Assets – Device and Custom Types
• Scan and Update ANY Existing Asset Data
• Scan and Update Data for multiple Assets – All Asset Types
• Scan and Create multiple new assets – All Asset Types
• Assign assets to Users
In practical terms this means that you will be able to do the following:
• Apply Assets to Users
• Create Asset relationships
• Add any Product data at Goods In
• Use Various Input Modes: Barcode Scan, Manual Entry or Data Lookup from Dell KACE
• Update ANY custom field in ANY Asset type from within the BarKode Interface
We've improved the BarKode User Interface and also built a brand new appliance platform, that scans and updates your Dell KACE K1000 at incredible speed and is available to be shipped as a physical appliance. So for Dell KACE users you can look to find improvement in many Asset Management Processes including:
• More Effective Goods in, adding data at Goods receipt
• Better Ongoing Auditing Process
• Better Ownership reports – Starters/Leavers
• Comprehensive Stores reporting
• Location Scanning
• Ownership Scanning
• Creation of Equipment Configurations
If you would like a free demonstration of this please feel free to get in touch by contacting me or by visiting our website: https://indigomountain.co.uk/project/barkode-v3/
J. Bautista commented
Also the ability to update an asset assignment while on the floor for auditing process or Deskside pickup of equipment when cleaning up previous employee or assisting in a move
Add\remove and add comments per user
Jackson Yeung commented
I think this is the same suggestion as this other one:
Perhaps take back these 4 votes and apply to this one?
We link to assets thru custom fields in service desk. The asset record contains a lot of information as it pertains to outages. Being able to access this asset info from the app would be of great use for our offsite and oncall technicians.
Chris Henning commented
Included scanning serial number or asset tag bar-codes.
Jim Veigl commented
This idea would be great for doing audits.