How can we improve the KACE GO App?

Provide an app for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 / RT

Provide an app for Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 / RT with the nice and smooth user Interface like on iOS.

213 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Peter FrommertPeter Frommert shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Nick BuonpastoreNick Buonpastore responded  · 

We are considering a Windows 10 Universal app but this would be a large effort that would delay all other work on K1 GO for an extended period. As such we are continuing to monitor for demand/adoption before taking this on. Please continue to vote and comment to help drive our decision.

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Are there some news to windows 10 universal app? Last post from Nick Buonpastore is more than one year ago. The Windows 10 universal app is very important to our company and also to some of our customers.

• Craig EmmottCraig Emmott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What's the update on this, last comment was on march asking to show "demand" for this request. Well its the most requested item for this app and has been for long while now (almost since the uservoice page was made).

• Kory HirakKory Hirak commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mindful of my institutions adoption cycle, we would rather have an app for Windows 8 prior to a Windows 10 universal app, which we will not adopt for some time. Business, generally, will not jump to the next version of Windows as fast as consumers. Therefore it seems that a Windows 8 app is a more immediate need and has a long shelf life. I think it should be consider sooner then Windows 10, considering it is a technician driven app. We use the iOS and Android K1000 Go versions daily.

• Eddie DejthaiEddie Dejthai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given that this idea seem to have the highest votes on K1000 GO user voice, I would like to see this project move forward. Also, it might be a good opportunity to look at shared code base targeting multiple platforms.

• NIck NegronNIck Negron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Didn't Microsoft throw in around $2 Billion to help Dell go private? Seems Dell could show some appreciation and support to the Dell/Microsoft users out there.

• SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I happy its making some headway, we use all W8 phones but I believe they will be upgradable to W10 when its released. Whats way more important for us is the ability to support the W10 phone but that's in a another thread. I'm glad something is happening,

Thanks for the update. However, I agree with Nick Negron's comment. With over a year on this request and a pretty high number of votes, the response of "Under Review", "Still investigating", "aligning with upcoming ..." is extremely disappointing for someone who've been a KACE long time customer.

Still investigating? Is Dell on a shoestring budget or something? Aligning with the upcoming Windows 10 sounds like nothing more than throwing out an excuse for now wanting to make a version for WP already. It's almost guaranteed that any app written for WP8.1 will work just fine on WP10 (or whatever they call it then). There is simply no logical reasoning for postponing development other than not thinking your customers a worthy of any dev hours needed to bring to market already.

• Jay HarrellJay Harrell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There was an idea that had well over 300 votes for the same request but it seems to have disappeared.

Is Dell moving forward with this?

C'mon guys. With tools like Xamarin and resources that Dell have. I'm sure Dell has enough C# developers to make this happen quickly -- there's no real reason to not have the GO app on all major platforms.

• Craig EmmottCraig Emmott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been the number 1 suggestion since go was created. Its nearly been a year now and there is still no plan for this. What's the point of the uservoice system if your not listening to what your customers want.

• SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Been waiting what seems like years to see a Phone 7 then phone 8 app be released. All our phones are windows 8. Our systems are Windows we aren’t going to change. We have the K1000 & K2000 and would love the K3000 as well but that doesn’t support P8 either so its a deal breaker.

First things first, get the P8 app released so our users get a nice consistent interface; then P8 support for the K3000 so IT get a central management point.

We are adding around another 300-400 phones to our network over the next year or two it would be nice to see something out before we expand. I guess if not we will be forced to look elsewhere as we cannot manage that number of phones individually.

How many votes does this need to get off the ground ?, 500, 1000, more?
        That’s not a criticism it’s question, if we managed to get X amount of posts here expressing a firm interest in K3000 and or P8 app would it happen? If so how many would it take?

C’mon Dell I suspect most Kx000 users will be with you a long time, we have shown our support and commitment, please show us yours.

This feature request has FAR more votes than anything in the "planned", "started", or "completed" statuses. Why is it still just "under review"? Why the hesitation or resistence to moving forward? Collectively we pay a tom of money to Dell for KACE to manage primarily Windows systems and it would make sense that we use Windows systems to manage.

It's very disappointing that Dell is this far behind in creating a WP/Modern app when others have no problems.

• G-ManG-Man commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see this, I run all forms of Windows devices and OSs. WP8.1 is targeting the Enterprise - so should Dell.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base