How can we improve the KACE GO App?

Include Barcode Scanning Feature with K1000 Go App

We would like to see a barcode scanner for the K1000 GO App, which would utilize a mobile device's camera to scan a barcode - the barcode info would then pull up the inventory/asset information in the app.

We'd like to be able to type the barcode number (asset tag #) as a field in a specific Asset Type.

193 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    William ArgemilWilliam Argemil shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Nick BuonpastoreNick Buonpastore responded  · 

Thank you all for your comments and feedback – This feature is planned for an upcoming release.

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MarcMarc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What do people use to create and print barcodes and asset labels? It would be one less tool if the K1000 could do that too.

• ShellyShelly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use the Go App on my phone daily. Love it. I can be under a desk and update my ticket with parts that I need or whatever. I also find it really handy to pull up the inventory on a machine. I can lookup things like "uptime" so when the user is telling me, I rebooted this morning, I can see that no - its been 3 weeks :-)

The bigger question - will anybody read our suggestions or make any progress on them now that Dell has sold off Kace?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Who is actually using this app with their K1000? Does anyone have any comments on the use of the app good or bad?

• Trey BowdenTrey Bowden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this feature? Will we see it in K1000 6.5?

I'd really like to see this implemented in the K1000 Go app too. The Barkode solution by Indigo Mountain is a great start but doesn't quite have all the features we need (yet). +1 on integration w/ smartphone cases w/ built-in laser readers like the Linea Pro!

• JasonJason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also to be able to update an asset such as location or the person it is assigned to would be great!

• HobbsyHobbsy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Check out our new version of BarKode, create, scan and update any asset type within your Dell KACE K1000 appliance now.

• J. BautistaJ. Bautista commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is exactly what we are looking for which is why we are looking into this solution that does this exact deal: https://indigomountain.co.uk/kace/
        Additionally this allows the laser version scanner (The one that comes in the case that the phone or tablet fits into) to be used instead of the S-L-O-W camera on the device :)

• Ashlea BeersAshlea Beers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also would like a barcode scanner to scan assets into Kace upon receipt into our inventory.

• Joseph YazdanpanahiJoseph Yazdanpanahi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We used an ODBC database and a handheld Motorola device that had a integrated scanner to update our assets. Now we have a much slower and inefficient process since migrating to the K1000. Please add this feature.

• Jackson YeungJackson Yeung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to 2nd this suggestion.

On a similar vein (perhaps go so far as a starting a separate request), I'd love to see the ability to scan using a barcode reader from a laptop directly into the assets table without needing to import a CSV file. The benefits of this would be eliminating an extra step but more importantly ditch the error-prone step of mapping fields each and every time we do an import. For some assets, we have over a dozen fields which many are blank but still need to be mapped for each import process. One missed or incorrect step could corrupt our database which takes a whole lot longer to straighten out.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be incredibly useful for our environment with our barcoded asset tag system!

Feedback and Knowledge Base