KACE GO

1. Have K1000 GO App push an alert, when a new ticket comes in for a queue.

It would be nice for K1000 to give an alert when new ticket is created. Currently, you only receive alerts for tickets that are assigned to you. It would be helpful if, for example, when a new ticket was created in a queue, all people in that queue would get an alert from the app. Our help desk personnel are often away from their desk, helping out end users and doing other tasks. If they could get alerts pushed to them when they away from their computer, of new tickets that have come in, it would help us speed up…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Include Barcode Scanning for locations

The GO app is great. One thing that would make it better for folks who have a need to keep an accurate inventory, is to include the ability to scan barcodes to enter the location information.

Here is what could be the workflow of updating asset inventory information via the GO app. A tech scans the Asset barcode with the GO app then selects the Location field to assign the asset to a location, and then scans the office's location barcode, which then populates in the GO app.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Filter tickets

Please add a way to filter the tickets. This would be beneficial to see what tickets are open by location or by user making it easier for techs to know what all needs to be done while at a remote site.

Ideas for it:
    Something similar to the advanced search on the SMA
    Saved queries as custom views. Even if the custom view could be created on the SMA and made available on the GO app would be good.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a 'Last Modified by:' field to the inventory and asset records

Going through history looking for this information is time consuming. Should be able to view the Inventory/Asset Record to see who last modified it

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add asset type other than Device from scan new barcode

Currently when in Kace Go, after scanning barcode and an asset is not found, we have the option of creating a new asset or adding barcode to an asset. We select Create New Asset, but the only asset type available is Device. We need to be able to create an asset type other than Device.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. sort by Custom Field

I would like to be able to sort by a custom field that I created.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Unassigned Tickets count is not updating

Service Desk Summary page shows "Unassigned Tickets" = 0.

If a new ticket comes in, that number doesn't change. Pulling down that list looks like it should do a refresh, but it does nothing.

The only thing that seems to refresh the counts is to switch to another page and then back to Home. E.g click on the Service Desk icon it will show updated counts and then when go back to Home those updated counts will be displayed there. The problem is that if you are monitoring the Service Desk Summary for new tickets, you'll never see them.

Version…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add the ability to update time worked in a ticket

My company has to show the time that is worked on a ticket. We use these metrics to show that more employees are needed. Being able to update the time in the field would be most useful as I may not remember to do that once I return to the office.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. E-Mail Alerts on License Asset for Maintenance Renewals

To have the ability to setup an E-Mail alert off the License Asset Maintenance Expiration Date field would help keeping maintenance on software from expiring.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. See submitter in ticket list

It only shows owner of the tickets. I would like to see the submitter as well just like an email. Being able to sort by submitter would be a plus as well. All our help desk users complain about this since we service multiple stores.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make Inventory Easier with adding option for Bluetooth Scanner

The K1000 Go app scanning function does not work well. Our company would benefit by using the Kace Go app with the option to use an external hand-held barcode scanner. This will allow us to scan items easier on hard to reach areas and rounded surfaces. It will make it easier for our team to complete our inventory process in a timely manner instead of fighting to scan an asset tag for minutes with a phone when it will take seconds with a barcode scanner. We are not looking to purchase another product if Kace can add this enhancement.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add the option to sort by last sync in Inventory screen

data already shows on the main inventory list, along with machine name and logged in user, it's just not a selectable option for sorting

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ticket System Date Not Functioning

Here’s a screen capture of what I see… Notice that there are dates, like the last week of January, that I cannot select from the calendar due to the Save / Apply Changes bar being in the way. I tried zooming in and out to see if this would help, but there were still dates that I cannot access. I also tried selecting a “wrong” date and then modifying the date by typing in the Date field. The field does not allow me to key in a date. I also tried moving the calendar to February, but I still cannot…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sort by submitter

We would like to be able to sort by submitter so we know what location has what issue as our techs travel to each location.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. WOL

WOL works wonderfully on our subnet but of course not for other offices. We do not control our router configuration and the magic packet will not be able to forward to our remote offices. So in other words WOL is only useful in the location where the KACE server is physically located.
    It would be extremely helpful if our replication servers in the remote offices not only contained patches needed there but also had the same WOL capability as the KACE. This would eliminate the need to configure the routers and would be local to the subnet it’s needed in.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow Kace Go App to be customized for End User deployment

Our company has the need to deploy the Kace Go app to our Mobile iOS and Android User community. However, we can not deploy the app to the average end user due to the robust functionality the Kace Go app provides. We request that there be a way to customize the Kace Go app through the K1000 possibly by User Account. I believe you can currently Enable and Disable User access to the Kace Go App under - Settings>Users> "Mobile Device Access" Checkbox. For Example; Would it be possible to control the functionality of the App through the K1000 User…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Add multiple computers to a label

I would like the ability to add multiple computers to a manual label from the web interface via copy and paste. A bonus would give the ability to import workstations from a spreadsheet to a manual label

I know the workaround though smart labels/sql but it would be nice to have an easier method.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Offline Alerts

I love how we can setup Monitoring Alerts to be pushed to the K1000 go app.

It would be great to receive a push notification if a Monitored Computers goes offline.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Would like to see more View options in K1000 Go

At this time we are limited to seeing only tickets that have been submitted by user. (My tickets) Would like a way to see ALL tickets in a queue as an owner. (non admin)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

KACE GO

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base