SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Wake on LAN option to K1000 Device Inventory

It would be wonderful it a WOL option would be added the K1000: Computer Inventory listing. If I see that a machine is offline I can't just click on it and send a WOL. If that was a button next to the "Force Inventory Update" or even under the "Choose Action" maybe "Choose Action --> Machine Options --> "Send WOL" That would allow the user to select multiple machines. It would save the user time from having to go to the K2000 --> Systems --> K1000 Inventory --> Labels --> Find the machine you want. Thanks.

344 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      17 comments  ·  Wake-on-LAN  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      started  ·  Ken GalvinKen Galvin responded

Development work has begun for this to be included in the next major release.

• Software inventory aging

I would like to see an aging process for removal of software that is no longer installed but resides in the software inventory. It wouuld be nice to include an audit process where software is flagged after 90 days of a zero install count to add to a smart label then report before removal from the table.

58 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        started  ·  4 comments  ·  Software Compliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • User Portal Software Library NAT support

Allow Install and Script to work, in addition to just Download, when there is Network Address Translation (NAT) between Agent and Server.

35 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          2 comments  ·  Agent  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          started  ·  Nick BuonpastoreNick Buonpastore responded

We plan on implementing a new way to determine end user ownership of devices. Rather than rely on a transient characteristic like IP address (or a NAT’d address, for that matter), there will be a join introduced to match computers with end users.

• Patch Stat Reset

Create a reset stats button that will recalculate all patch stats on the main Patch screen and the Patch List Screen. These stats occasionally get out of synch with the actual machines that need to be patched or that have failed to patch.

7 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            2 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            started  ·  Dean WadeDean Wade responded

This will be coming in our 6.2 release, timing still to be determined

• Inventory - collect all IPs bound to a network interface

In the Inventory, the network interfaces for a Windows machine only lists the "primary" IP address. This is confusing because inventory run on Linux machines list every IP address bound to each interface. The inventory should be configured to list all IP addresses bound to the network interface on Windows; not just the primary IP address.

4 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              started  ·  0 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Secure the Packages Folder Immediately

All Help Desk Ticket Attachments and Software Managed Installs are stored in a publicly accessible folder (http://kbox.yourdomain.com/packages/1234/installer.exe or http://kbox.yourdomain.com/packages/hd_attachments/1234/image.png). This is a huge potential security flaw and likely a major software licensing violation (since you are in effect providing a public redistribution of licensed software). There are some significant management benefits to exposing your KBOX to the Internet however this issue represents a substantial undisclosed problem even if it is limited to the internal WAN/LAN.

I did open a support ticket on this issue back in August and was referred to this website as if this were a…

4 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Managed Install  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                started  ·  kaceIDkaceID responded

This will be addressed in our 5.4 server release.

• More RAM Detail

I imported the Attachment from Appdeploy for "VBS Script for Installed RAM DIMMs as a Custom Inventory Field" that was provided by awenzel@kace.com on 1/21/2011. http://www.appdeploy.com/messageboards/tm.asp?m=70701&mpage=1&key=RAM&;#. The data looks nice in the individual inventory record in KACE, but the format of the data in the MACHINE_CUSTOM_INVENTORY.STR_FIELD_VALUE field make the data practically useless from a reporting and planning point of view. I would like to the this quality of data normalized in a table where each RAM slot has it's own record assiciated to the MACHINE_ID.

4 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  started  ·  1 comment  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Update password across multiple Provisioning Configurations

The ability to update the username and password across mutiple provisioning configurations. I currently have 80 configurations due to multiple VLANs, wireless, remote, and location.

3 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    0 comments  ·  Agent  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

A centralized credential store is in development

• Add more fields to "Create Smart Label"

Currently, you can only define 4 criteria for either Patch Listing "Create Smart Label" or looking under Inventory "Create Smart Label".

I would like the ability to have available or to click to add additional criteria fields. This ability is CRITICAL in being able to properly define patches.

2 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      1 comment  ·  Appliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

In 5.5, we have implemented new smart label capabilities in many screens. Smart Label improvements in Patching and Service desk will be targeted in 6.0

• Display a Warning Pop-up Box when selecting "Save and Run Now" in Patch Management Schedule Details

Display a Warning Pop-up Box when selecting "Save and Run Now" in Patch Management Schedule Details. In the event the intent is to Save only, and not Save and Run Now, an option to cancel would be nice.

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        0 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

When editing an existing patch schedule, the available options in 6.4 will be Save, Run Now, Duplicate, Delete, and Cancel.

• Asset

It would be a very nice to be able to have sub categories under assets like you are able to in the service desk. Also the ability to use check boxes in both asset management and the service desk will be another useful tool.

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          0 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We will be adding sub-types in our release scheduled for the summer of 2015

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base