How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

Add multiple approvers to the K1000

Allow the K1000 to have multiple approvers for the the Help Desk portion. One approver is not enough for certain help desk functions.

408 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    James Read shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • gabbenante@haascnc.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are using JKuery scripting for our Software Development Life Cycle tickets to simulate the following:
        Multiple Approvers
        Multiple Stages for Approval (without the use of processes/additional queues)
        Each Stage had its own set of unique Status values to choose from
        We customized the ticket format under certain conditions (hide/move fields).
        ***Bad news is that JKuery is a deprecated functionality as of version 6.4 (we are still at 6.2)***
        Need this functionality (and then some)

• KIrstin Wabick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Nick,

Do you know when this upgrade will be released? Any more details about how the multiple approvers feature will work?

• Deepak Gupta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please make the approval in such a way that :
        1. Approval from current Manager (can get current manager from AD)
        2. Multi Level Approval : Should be able to define atleast 5 Levels of approval in the Queue process.
        3. Should be able to define based on category approval should be linked as well as manually User can ask for approval
        4. Multiple people on the same level should be able to approve

• Trey Bowden commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To further explain our need of this feature...

1) Having multiple approver levels would be nice. A ticket may have to get approval from (2) or more people before it can be acted on.

2) Enabling each ticket category/subcategory to have an approver.

3) Enabling "dynamic" approver lists. For instance, if user A requests a new piece of hardware/software, then the request should be vetted to that person's manager first (hence the need for it to be dynamic). If marketing, send approval notification to manager A, if accounting...send to manager B.

Hoping this can all get built into the next release of K1000 (6.5). Current approver functionality barely works for any organization (considering that Kace typically says that you should only need one queue). As it stands now, you'd need to have MANY queues to get some type of automated workflow enabled. Please....please...please listen to us and build this in for 6.5!!!! ;)

• Conley Campbell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My IT Manager would like the requester to get approval from his/her supervisor before forwarding it for the IT approval, priority, due date, and owner assignment. Could some type of workflow be made available to handle this?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

brillent it woudl be excellent to have some manager sign of the purchase of software. or purchase of hardware.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to happen, implementing this into the 'process' section is convoluted. Multiple approvals for one ticket is a must.

• CK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@James Read: after ~3 years of planning... i don't think so...

• CK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That feature would be awesome, can't wait to see that implemented.

• Matt Varnado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have attempted to implement KACE's Service Desk as our Change Management system, and this limitation has been the biggest headache of that process. Instead of a single ticket that can have multiple approvers, we've had to create an enormous scheme of processes and rules just to perform the basic approval functions. Please highly consider multiple approvers per ticket for the next release.

• gabbenante@haascnc.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps even a way to allow a user assigned an approver label, access to custom fields that simulate an approver/approver status/approver notes in a ticket they are not the submitter or ticket CC or them being an owner. We are also trying to overcome the single approver field without the use of processes/multiple queues. We were under the impression Jkuery would enable a means to simulate multiple approvers (which we need) but we are hesitant that we will be successful. Multiple Approvers within the confines of a single queue would be happily utilized by our company.

• LInda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anyone know when this enhancement might move from Planned to Started?

• Dameon Kirchhefer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm sorry if I'm repeating what anyone else has already stated, but I believe an approval hierarchy (mulitple levels) would be awesome. Something that could follow a process flow with key notification points such as:

(Parent opend) User makes request for IT purchase --> (child opened)Ticket transferred to Manager for Approval --> Manager approves with valid business need(notify) --> Ticket transferred IT manager for budget Approval --> Budget available, Approved(notify) --> Ticket transferred to purchasing agent --> Item purchased(notify) --> Item Received(notify, Child Closed) --> Item delived/setup/installed (Parent Closed)

Something along those lines :-)

• William Melton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just asked about this by my post. Here is his email..Can you setup multiple approval options in the queue? For example, one approval field for John Doe and one approval field for Jan Doe?

Another thought - can approvals be pre-set based upon location. For example, if a user enters a request for VA-Martinsville, it automatically requires John Doe and Jan Doe approval to open or perhaps close the ticket.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base