How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

Multi-Factor Authentication

We need the option to authenticate users again a RADIUS server for Two-Factor authentication.

158 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jonathon Farley shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chris Pala commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why hasn't this been prioritized yet? Are there any third party methods for supporting 2FA worth looking into?

• Chris P commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates regarding this? For customers working in the defense contracting world, DFARS goes into effect on 12/31/2017 and requires multi-factor authentication. Next year FARS will force ALL, not just DoD, government contractors to implement MFA so this needs to happen fast.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This needs to happen. Many regulatory bodies are beginning to require 2FA/MFA, and if Kace cannot comply, we will be forced to look elsewhere.

• Jody commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PCI 3.2 is going to require that any administrative access (This is defined as ability to change system configurations on CDE connected equipment) require multi-factor authentication. In English, this means that any organization processing credit cards CANNOT use the kace as a systems management platform. My PCI auditor has already clarified that our KACE 1000 and 2000 have to go if it wont support MFA.

• Steve Burton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with anonymous. As a management appliance, multi-factor authentication needs to be an option to help protect against certain types of brute-force attacks. If some unwanted user gained access to the server, they could create a catastrophic disaster as they would have administrative access to all machines linked to the K1000. This should be re-considered.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Considering that Dell Kace could be used as a central location to push out malicious software, i'm surprised this is the case.

Feedback and Knowledge Base