SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dashboard for Help Desk

I would like to see a better solution for reporting on the Help Desk side, similar to the data on the summary page; Managed Operating Systems, Tasks in Progress, Distributions, ect.
    I am currently reviewing 3rd party to pull this data an make it live, and would much rather the data be live in the KBOX instead of using flat data such as HTML, excel or another format. With these reports, if I want to run historical data I need to change my SQL, save the excel data or go through several steps on the help desk section, but there…

804 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      21 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • HelpDesk - Ability to merge tickets from summary view

The ability to merge tickets or create quick parent/child relationships from the summary view of the current view would be extremely helpful. It would save a lot of time and be easier to navigate.

603 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        44 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is under consideration but not planned for the next release, Please continue voting if you’d like to see this feature prioritized for a future release.

• Log email tickets as HTML format

The ticket is re-formatted as plain text when it gets in as a ticket, so HTML design (including pictures) is lost. I would like the formatting to be kept as the original, including leaving pictures in order.

490 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          28 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Service Desk - Editing Comments

Once comments are saved in a ticket/request, they can no longer be edited by users or administartors. Could we create a way for the comments to be edited by ticket owners only after the comment has been saved in a ticket? Could we set this type of field as a Read-Only or Change Permission?

473 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            36 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • CC'ed Users ability to view tickets they are copied on

It would be great if a CC'ed user be able to review a ticket in his/her ticket queue

466 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              21 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • Allow view access to all tickets without being a ticket owner

Currently the only way to provide view access to all tickets is to make the user a ticket owner. Otherwise they can only view their own submitted tickets. We'd like to be able to provide view-only access to all tickets in the admin portal WITHOUT having the person be ticket owner. Also would like to have the option to provide ticket modify access without being owner. This would be for supervisory positions who need to check in on ticket details but we do not want anyone assigning them tickets.

462 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                33 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • Custom ticket fields for specific Category

I would like to see a way to create a custom field in service desk that only shows up when a user chooses a specific topic. We have a few applications that our employees use that we want specific information about when they open a ticket for that application such as the part of the application they were in when the issue occurred. This way we can run reports to see how often issues in a specific part of the software are occurring.

I would like to see this so we can get the information we need without having unnecessary…

342 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  22 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is under consideration but not planned for the next release. Please continue voting if you’d like to see this feature prioritized for a future release.

• Allow Parent tickets to pass fields to child tickets

Allow Parent tickets to pass information to child ticktes in a process (workflow). eg, if creating a new user you would want to pass the user name, dept, phone etc from the partent ticket to other departments involved in the new user creation. Currently these have to be re-typed in each child ticket.

287 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    12 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is under consideration but not planned for the next release. Please continue voting if you’d like to see this feature prioritized for a future release.

• Resolution text on Closed Ticket emails

Add ability to include the "Resolution" text to a 'Closed Ticket' email.

When users get an email that their ticket has been closed, they expect to see the resolution in the body of the email. "Resolution" is not listed as something that can be included in the notification. This would be a helpful addition.

222 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      13 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• Email group on unassigned ticket creation

Create an easy way to notify a group (ex. all ticket owners) by email when a new ticket is created and is unassigned.
                      It seems like this should have been included by default without having to create a complex custom ticket rule.

187 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        13 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is under consideration but not planned for the next release. Please continue voting if you’d like to see this feature prioritized for a future release

• Helpdesk - Chat and Machine Status

If the service desk could talk to the amp connection status of machines to allow it to show if a machine is online. (Provided someone had submitted from the webui on a machine the inventory recognised) Once the helpdesk recognised that a machine was online, allow the browsing of a ticket to open a chat session with the kace client for quicker resolution of issues. Have the chat log added to the ticket upon closure of the session.

179 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          9 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• Better support for Category::Subcategories in Helpdesk

Currently setting up categories and subcategories for helpdesk is painful, as it requires manual ordering and reordering of entries, high redundancy in entries, and is not supported under custom fields. It would be great to see UI improvements to make this task more streamlined.

168 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            8 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is under consideration but not planned for the next release. Please continue voting if you’d like to see this feature prioritized for a future release

• Add a "take this ticket" button

I would love an option, in the help desk queue, to take a ticket without having to check the box then going to "choose action" -> "reasign to" -> and then choosing myself. A "take this ticket" button beside unassigned tickets would be wonderful.

160 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              2 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• Email - create processes

This would allow an email to spawn a process similar to how it can spawn a ticket.

134 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

• Allow Non-submitters to comment on a ticket

Would love to have the ability to allow non-submitters with a stakehold to be able to comment within a ticket. Currently only Submitters can make comments on a ticket, however if you have a ticket that might have 3 individuals that might have information to add to a ticket, it would be good to be able to allow them. This would be different then a CC List, as it is also beneficial for people to receive notification but not comment.

132 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  6 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• Allow multiple assignments to Service Desk tickets without creating child tickets

Allow multiple assigments to one Service Desk ticket instead of having to create child tickets

115 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    9 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• Allow for modification of the user survey at the end of the ticket

I would like to be able to change what is asked for in the user survey at the end of a ticket. Instead of just asking a user how satisfied they are I may want different departments to answer different questions, such as if the problem is reoccurring or if there are any other related issues affected by this ticket.

111 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

• recurring tickets or tasks like outlook tasks

good day,
                                      I was wondering if there is a way to create recurring tasks in K1000 e.g. dusting off shipping PC's. or remind head of departments to bring their laptops for quarterly check.
                                      thx -

98 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        4 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

• Allow separate controls for different helpdesk queues

Allow different queues to have different users allowed to manipulate tickets. For instance, if you have a helpdesk queue, a production change control queue, and a purchasing queue, the helpdesk staff also has admin access to change control and purchasing tickets.

91 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Microsoft Outlook plug-ins

Examples of Outlook plug-ins..

• New Ticket option in Outlook for users that creates a new message in support request form with fields that will send to the Kace support request queue

• Create a Ticket option in Outlook for techs (takes an existing email message from a user and sends it as a Kace support request) that presents a form for the tech support person that will populate in Kace

The kind of thing I am talking about is touched on in this article from 2001(!) where some of the ticket creation work is handled once by the person…

88 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                            1 comment  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is under consideration but not planned for the next release, Please continue voting if you’d like to see this feature prioritized for a future release.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 25 26
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base