SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Restrict Number of Login Attempts

The server needs the ability to lock access after specified number of failed login attempts. This would help protect the server against brute force attacks.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Endpoint Local Admin Password Management

During a Security Audit, it was determined that having the same local administrator password the same on all endpoints is a security risk. Re-setting and storing individual endpoint's local admin password in the K1000. I believe this would be a stellar security feature, allowing K1000 helpdesk to view local admin password for each endpoint.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Enhenced Proxy settings should be support client side ssl import and settings. Websense wants to client ssl for internet access.

It should be enhenced Proxy settings. Some customers use client side ssl request for internet access. For example Websense, Aventail SSL wants to client ssl for internet access after that give internet acces. Dell Kace products don't have Proxy settings for Proxy certificates.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow staged device Patch Schedule

I would like the possibility to create a patching schedule which stages the installation of the patches for the associated devices. For example, a patch schedule with 3 devices, where the first device is installed with all the patches. Once completed (succesfully) the second associated device then begins, and so on. The idea behind this is for only 1 "server" to be patched at one time and to avoid reboots occurring at the same time.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Label Permissions

Allow a way to create a User Group to only have rights to specific Smart Labels. We are a Global Company and I do not want my EMEA Help Desk groups to be able to push MI's, Run Scipts, etc. on machines that are part of certain labels or do not fall under their control. They should have read access to all of the computers but only have the ability to manage their group of machines/labels. We cannot do multiple Org's so having this implemented would solve our issues.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Label Management Groups

We are a Global company with other IT help desks that I would like to only give visability to certain lables. I do not want my China, EMEA, India, etc... help Desk groups the ability to manage computers that do not fall under their region. I would like to only give them access to certain "Region/Parent" lables that a machine falls under.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Function like 'iptables' or basic firewall

It would be nice to have a function like iptables or basic firewall in order to block network traffic from or to ip-addresses or network segments (e.g. User-VPN) directly on the K1000.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Automate Software Threat Level Settings

Software Threat Level settings are auto set. For example, like AppDeploy, users can submit software ratings and it will be applied to one's software inventory.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Field Level Read/Write/Hide permissions

Would like to get a little more granular with the role permissions to be able to set individual fields to read only or hide in addition to the present ability to read/write/hide to Assets/Asset Types/Scripting etc

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Specific Script Permissions and Availability based on Role or Label Membership

We have a situation where we would like to have a user be able to run a task that requires elevated permissions. We would be able to do this through KACE, because we can give the user a login, and access to the scripts. The only issue is we don't want the user to have access to all of the scripts. If there could be a way to configure within the Role or by Membership to a label, we could control what scripts a particular user might have the ability to run.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Support RSA SecurID logins

Support the use of RSA SecurID for admin logins to the K1000 appliance. The K1000 has access to all servers for management purposes and one-time passwords would provide a higher level of security by preventing a stolen password from being used for logins.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SSL Certificate

Would like to request the ability to upload certificates for the use of SSL. It would be helpful to have this feature added under the K1000 Agent Settings section. This way after the certificate has been uploaded, all clients would be able to obtain it instead of manually placing the certificate it on every client machine that has been inventoried.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Firewall for all traffic, not just httpd

Even with ssh disabled from the web gui, I get a lot of messages re: sshd login attempts. I'd rather have all traffic outside my subnets dropped except for connection to Kace update servers.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow scheduling icon to appear even if LDAP login/password are not provided

The KBOX seems to require the specification of an LDAP login name and password in order for the scheduling icon to show up. Since our LDAP server does not require a LDAP login/password (all of the relevant user data is visible via anonymous bind), we left those fields blank. When I created a dummy LDAP account just for the purpose of binding, and specified this account for the LDAP login/password, the scheduling icon showed up again.

Ideally it would be good if this limitation could be removed (so that an LDAP login/password is not required to get the scheduling icon…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Import User Groups on LDAP Import

It would be nice if the LDAP Import would automatically list all groups a user belongs to during import. Currently, a custom LDAP filter has to be setup for each group in order for this to work. That is a lot of extra work when I've got over 2000 AD groups.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Service Desk - Security for Choose Action Options

Allow the ability through roles to lock down the Choose Action options for users. This will keep users from making mass changes to tickets (priority, status, etc.) which can have adverse effects on other users, report statistics, etc.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow the use of label groups for deployment and ACLs

Label groups cannot currently be used for anything other than organizing multiple labels. I would like the ability to utilize label groups for deployments and setting ACLs more easily.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Patch Installation Status View

We need a view to show all the computers and their patching level based upon the patch groups it is assigned to. That way we can easily see which computers are not fully updated. Also the view should be sortable by column. Also when we click on the computer in that view it should show which patches are missing or the errors it is having trying to update the machine.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base