SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. smart label security mechanism

At the moment the Smart Label Function is designed with a "Test" and "Save" - Button. If you want to see, how the amount of clients has been changed, due to the change of your label, you need to click the "Test" Button.

This is the only possiblity to see if you have done an issue or not.

Scenario:
    The IT-Supporter is pretty sure that the change he/she made is only a small one and he/she don't need to click the "Test" Button. He/She directly pressed the "Save" Button. Therefore he/she isn't aware about his failure and the Kace starts…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Managed Install  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Managed Installation Notification Message

How can I modify the configuration file for MI notification message? For example, I would like to add additional button called "Cancel" to the notification messages of MI. Also, the finish button should be replaced with the OK button from initial message.

SK

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Managed Install  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. windows store for business

It would be good to have support for the Windows Store for Business so the Kace can tell that store to install approved apps on devices.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to have option for distributions to be downloaded to the client and deployed at a later time

We have many remote users and I would like the ability to push out a distribution and have it staged on a computer in the background with resume on disconnect download options and deployed once the download has completed.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Inventory automatically taken when any software or update is installed

It would be extremely beneficial to have any update or software install trigger KACE to take a new inventory.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Managed Install  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Importing inventory into manual labels

We often target specific computers based upon user or computer name. Lists are provided to us by project teams for targeting during release (since the project team is targeting communications to specific groups of users).

Whereas manual labels can be assigned to individual inventory records, and; whereas we have we have a defined standard to identify a department based upon computername, and; whereas we could use a process external to KACE to place a breadcrumb on the machine that then gets swept up as custom inventory to identify department, none of these are desirable.

We'd like the ability to create…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Managed Install  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Managed Installation minimum version / don't downgrade

It would be great if a Managed Installation could be told to only install if the software was older than a certain version.
    Eg, Firefox 32 comes out, I have a Managed Install for 31. I have to disable that or if I install 32 on some machines for testing the Kace will downgrade the machine.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide ability to remove the option to snooze a managed install

I would like to be able to limit the options a user has when I'm deploying software. Can we get an option to remove a user's snooze ability?

For instance, if I'm rolling out Office 2019, and I tell my user base you have 2 weeks to complete this install, at the end of the 2 weeks, I should be able to change the default actions on the install to only say Install now; remove snooze completely. It could just be a check box that I can set after a point in time where I'm ready to force the software…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Include an option for credential input to allow Managed Installs to deploy with elevated/specific permissions.

Include an option for credential input on the "Managed Installation Detail" window to allow Managed Installs to deploy with elevated/specific permissions.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Search LABEL from middle of string

Under Managed Install, Scripts, where is need select LABEL, It is not possible search label from middle of string, only way is from beginning of label name.
    Have you plan to improve search of labels?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Managed Install  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. MI that runs a KScript

Would like to be able to access cool script features (such as 'run as' for adding settings to appdata) from within an MI, and particularly from the self service portal. Would make managing pre-reqs and software with user profiles much easier.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to run a Managed Install from ANY Replication share site

We are a Global company and our smart labels are based on computer names, not IP Addresses. So when a US employee goes to China and needs an install, the MI is pushed from their "Home" site which is US. Would like to see some smart Routing enabled on the Kbox to know if a machine is not in its Home Office and to then get the Install from the local office instead where they are visiting.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Edit snooze options under managed installs

I think the ability to edit what snooze times are available under Managed installs would prove very beneficial..

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change how the Description column gets its information

In version 6.0.101863 (and perhaps past versions) the description field of Managed Installations is pulled from the Computer Description field of the computer. While the names of these fields do indeed match up, they are not the same information. It is helpful in the Managed Install to see what OS the specific computer is, but as far as Microsoft is concerned, their description field can be what ever the user wants. Their suggestions are "For Example 'Kitchen Computer' or 'Mary's Computer'". While you can fill in the OS information into that field, it is already being displayed within the Windows…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. deploy agent or managed installs over https rather than smb/cifs

We are serving clients both inside and outside the network, using a reverse proxy to only allow https and agent connections (no smb ports). We'd really prefer not to expose these to the internet.

As I understand, the clients will pull from an smb path. It would be good if they could fetch over https, as this would allow both "inside" and "outside" clients to benefit from managed installs.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New Managed Action for Managed Installations: Run Software-Installations before Shutdown like Windows Updates.

It would be great when i can trigger Installations after User has shutdown his Computer like the Installation from Windows Updates.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. AutoPKG integration

AutoPKG (https://github.com/autopkg/autopkg) is a popular automation framework for building software packages for distribution. Recipes that could automatically upload DMG files and associate with the correct software title in the database would allow administrators to easily keep their managed installs up to date with the latest installers.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow replication of Managed Installs

We have a number of sites which have slow congested WAN links. It would be great to have the managed installs replicate the same way patches replicate. This would reduce the overhead of deploying large software packages to one machine and having the replication share handle distribution at each location.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Managed Install's dependency to scripts

The idea is that when installing a managed software, this software might need a dependency to a script (stop service,uninstall , kill process etc). At the moment you have to time the scripts and then execute the MI. After install you might have to create a new script to start the process.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base