SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Better Managed installation log and tracking

Right now one cannot see if a software has been deployed through an MI or has just been detected as installed. I would like to see better logging for managed installations where the admin can see which devices have performed the MI and when. In case of a failed MI, I would like to see the return code or error without having to go to the agent log

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Managed Install  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. K1000 Managed Installations

Server version 7 of the K1000 now has the "Run Now" option on the Managed Installation Detail screen. This is great. However, when you make changes to a managed install and click the "Save" button, it kicks you back out to the Managed Installations List screen and you have to then either click the box next to the item you changed and do "Choose Action - Run" or go back into the detail screen and click the "Run Now" button. It would be nice if there was an option to either "Save and Run" or not to back out to…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. User settable time options for MI/Script

As an admin, I would like to the ability to prompt my end users when they get a prompt for a script or MI to install software, say a Windows 10 build update, that they could be given an option to select a time that they could run it, say at 5 PM when they leave for the day.

In scripting, you could push your jobs out to the end users, and in the script options, give an option to check a box for "Allow User Settable Schedule'. Maybe give options for Run in an hour, run at next shutdown,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to set Managed Installs to replace other selected versions of software listed in inventory

The way we currently implement most of our upgrades is to use a smart label and attach the managed install to the smart label. This can be tedious and confusing for some of our other techs. I would like the ability to have a manage install apply itself to any computer that has the selected software in its inventory. A mockup is attached.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Managed Install  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add task delete and cleanup links in the Distribution > Alerts Interface

Alerts are created under Distribution > Alerts. But to clean up alerts and display alert status, you must go to Settings > Troubleshooting Tools > Display Agent Task Status and Settings > Monitoring Settings. Having a link in Distribution > Alerts window would be an efficient way of clean up & monitoring alerts.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. New option in column visibility - Distribution

Create a "Distributed to" column on "Fyle Synchronizations" and "Managed installations" views, that show "total deployed machines / total target devices"

thats was a easy visibility to technicians to overview all deploys at real time, like a "Run Now status" for distributions

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base