SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Possibility to manual upload agent bundle also under Appliance Update

Many customers have a hard time with manual updates.
    The usage of the server upgrade kbin works fine but when they try to upload the agent kbin this fails.
    So many SR are updated where support needs to point the customer to right location.
    Even this is described in KB articles and the release notes this gives customers hard times.

It would be great if the upload would also work over the manual update field or lead the customer to the right page if an upload has been tried.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Agent  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Agent for AIX

The agent covers a good number of OS options, but AIX is not included outside of the SSH/agentless option.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Agent app on Chromebooks

Can we get a app in Chromebook that works like the amp agent?

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. configure Kace not to use the root of the C drive as a working area

Is it possible to configure Kace not to use the root of the C drive as a working area? It keeps adding and removing cab files there when it’s working, which is a pain when you have Explorer configured to expand the directory tree. It keeps appearing and disappearing from the tree. The name of the cab file causes it to appear at the top of the entries under the C drive, causing the entire tree to flicker and shuffle. This is both distracting and causes directories I’m trying to click to move around underneath the mouse. The path to…

11 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow access to agent share after SMB Signature Required is enabled in AD

Once SMB Signature Required is enabled in Active Directory then the agent share is unable to be access. It would nice to be able to download the new agent without having to block smb signature and then have to enable smb signature again.

51 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Agent  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Bypass UAC while running scripts

This is a follow up ticket to continue tracking an add on thread to a ticket which is now completed:
    http://kace.uservoice.com/forums/82699-k1000/suggestions/1637531-uac-compatibility

Bypass UAC while running scripts:
    Running scripts as System does not involve UAC. If running scripts as a User, UAC applies. That case is still under consideration for a future release.

75 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Agent  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Ken Galvin responded

You are encouraged to vote on this ticket that was split out for a previous (closed ticket) that contained two different suggestions.

7. Have agent update K1000 when IP changes

I have a problem where employees with laptops cannot get software from the User Console Library because the IP address from their last inventory (up to 4 hours ago) does not match the IP the K1000 web interface is seeing.

For example I have about 50 scripts in the library to automate the installation of printers in Boston, New York, LA, and Dallas. I have smart labels configured so that if you check in on the Boston, NY, LA, or Dallas subnets you get that site label. I then limit all the scripts for the printers in each site to…

183 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Agent  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your very thorough desciption of the issue. We will consider this as a feature request in the future. We prioritize based on feedback like yours – so we encourage others to vote for this feature request.

8. Better Mac OS X documentation for Kace Agent

I've found sadly very little documentation about using the Kace Agent on a Mac. I did find a list of all the runkbot commands for Windows and for a while presumed that this would be the same on a Mac. But I started to realize that this is not the case. Now, I've finally located support articles that show that runkbot 2 0 on a Mac runs inventory where the same command in windows is runkbot 4 0. But then what does 4 0 do on a Mac? And what about the rest of the commands such as 6 0?…

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Agent  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Agent Provisioning uses NTLMv2 to support Level 5 (NTLMv2 only Refuse LM & NTLM)

Presently the Agent Provisioning requires NTLM Level 0-4, if your environment uses Level-5 you cannot deploy the Agent via Agent Provisioning.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. add ipv6 detection

add ipv6 detection at Network Interfaces in agent inventory

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your input. We are investigating this and encourage others to vote for this feature/functionality if they think it would be useful

11. Include common hash values for executables in software inventory

These values can be useful for quickly grabbing a hash value and comparing it from those in threat intel feeds or other security tools. Especially when getting hashes from installed software to blacklist in other tools.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow turning off software discovery on chosen machines

There are situations when certain machine should have agent installed but software dscovery is causing problems when it comes to license compliance, like file servers. Ability to turn off software discovery or at least exclude drives/folders from it would be usefull.

62 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Agent  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re engouraging votes from those who feel strongly that this is a valuable feature

13. Built-in MonitorInfo capabilities

As an admin, I would like to be able to view more detailed info about my monitors via Kace SMA inventory.

As a workaround, I can use the following tool MonitorInfo:

https://www.itninja.com/question/k1000-how-to-get-monitor-s-model-and-serial-number

However, having this level of detail without extra work would save me time, as well as having it provided possibly across Windows/Mac/Linux

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Progress bar on patch deployment + Summary of patching

This idea is already published. It is marked as 'Completed', but there is still no progress bar, so I decided to create a new idea, because I don't know another way to respond to the status, so it will be recognized by Kace.

I would like to see a progress bar on the client while patching for the current patching job.

I think it would be enough for example if there are 10 patches to deploy, 6 are already finished, the progress bar would show 60% finished.

Maybe it is also a good idea to see a short summary which…

514 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  12 comments  ·  Agent  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Detect per user installs

Some software installs only for the current user to avoid needing admin rights. It would be great if the agent could detect that and list it with the rest of the software, maybe by adding (username) at the end of the description to indicate it is only for one user.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Multiple agent logos for different labels

Right now it is possible to enable a custom logo on the agent kuseralert-popup.

Multiple orgs can have different logos there.

But sometimes there are machines in the same org which need different logos:
    For instance:
    The same company but different locations.
    Each location needs its own logo but does not need an own org (since the remaining stuff like MI and Scripts are 1:1 the same, also the same team but for some reasons they should have a different logo)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Regular Auto Update of Agents Regardless of Version

I can think of no good reason why an older version of the KACE agent shouldn't be automatically updated, and now that the latest version will not talk to v6.x we are stuck updating 100+ machines manually (uninstalling/reinstalling) where the Group Policy Tool isn't getting it done. Please cause the K1000 Code to reach out and auto update all agents to the latest version, on a regular basis, regardless of version. In the case of the ports being mismatched it could connect on port 443 to get the upgrade done and nothing else. Also the agents should not reboot the…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix bug in agent update script to stop unexpected reboots

Fix bug in agent update script to stop unexpected reboots. Currently an edit to the Agent update script is required to prevent this. /noreboot

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability for KACE agent to run in as an elevated user

Have the ability for the KACE agent to run scripts and managed installs as an elevated user. The way Bomgar client works.

That way we wouldn't have to always run scripts for Windows 10 as local system. Local system can't add registry keys to HKCU hive and it also causes issues with installations that need access to the user profile folder

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow ability to customize agent size

We would like to be able to customize the size of the agent on the computer.
    It would also be nice to be able to use HTML tags to customize the font to add importance to the notification.
    Lastly it would be nice to be able to display a different message on the final prompt before reboot to notify users to save their work as the computer has reached the last reprompt interval and will be forced to reboot.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base