SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Patch Management and Dell Updates

In a managed installation you have the possibility to perform the installation at boot. It would be helpful if you also introduce these settings for Patch Management and Dell Updates.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support Windows 10 Feature Update installations via KACE patching.

With the new model of Windows updates, we need to be able to easily push these feature updates such as Anniversary Edition via the KACE in order for it to fully replace the current functionality of a WSUS server.

459 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. improve agent notifications to include remaining reprompts and countdown time

The agent notifications in patch schedules do not make it clear to the user how many reprompts they have left or how much time they have left before the reboot is triggered. I would like to see something like:
    3 of 5 prompt
    The computer will reboot in xxx minutes

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to disable/hide "all patches" checkbox in patch schedules.

Using the "all patches" checkbox in a patch schedule will cause software installations if the subscription accidently includes software installers. I would like to see the ability to disable/hide the all patches checkbox similar to disabling the all devices checkbox.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. CVE Rating

Apologies if this has been asked before.

It would be great to be able to see the CVE and CVSS score for a given patch.
    This could then be used in a dashboard so you could easily identify where to spend your time most appropriately.

I know a lot are often "under analysis" but it's a standard and I think would be beneficial.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Patching needs a Workflow Builder with Scripts, Notifications, Machine Actions.

KACE needs the ability to build out a patching session as a workflow.

With a Pacthing Workflow you can add in functions such as separate OS and Application patching schedules, Notifications, Scripts, Machine actions, etc. and have them all run within a set overall time and recieve vaulable notifications as the process is running or if something isn't working.

Currently I have to run scripts before and after certain servers are patched to manage applications/services so a Detect and Deploy job with multiple reboots doesn't corrupt data. Whenever a schedule time needs adjusted, changes have to be made all over…

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Zoom to the Patch Catalog

I see that GoToMeeting is in the patch catalog. Can Zoom be added as well?

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Suspend BitLocker as part of the Patch Detect & Deploy Jobs

K1000 should (through inventory detection) be able to determine that the machine has BitLocker enabled and during a patch deployment of that machine, there should be an option to suspend BitLocker (manage-bde –protectors –disable c:) before the reboot so the patch job does not get stuck at waiting for a user to enter the BitLocker PIN. If multiple reboots are required the K1000 can continue to disable BitLocker in a Detect & Deploy job until all patches have been installed. After which BitLocker can be resumed. This would be a HUGE help if it can be added to the product.…

239 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Patch Management Compliance

Under Patch Management > Catalog you can see the compliance of a single patch. It shows you the number of computers that have a patch installed or missing but you can't click on the numbers and get a list of the computers. Being able to click on the numbers would be great. You could get an instant view of computers names that have a patch installed or missing.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Firmware Patching

Currently Kace patches Dell firmware. Surface Pro systems have several firmware updates in the windows updates.

When can we get the Surface Pro (and others) to have firmware included in patching?

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Change Windows Update last check after patching

Following the "Wannacrypt" panic in my company, an admin invited all users to "manually" update their computer. But many of them were angry against the admins team when they seen the last Windows Update check was one year ago.
    Actually, the K1000 appliance is patching the client computers daily, but the "Windows Update last check" date is not modified, so the users think updates are not applied.
    It could be appreciated if this "flag" can be upadted after patching through Kace.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Security Patches should not be superseded by non security patches

In our environment, we use Kace to deliver Microsoft security patches to our Windows Servers. We also use the setting to inactivate superseded patches to reduce patch installation redundancy.

I found the July Windows Server 2016 cummulative update, KB4025339, was superseded a week later by KB4025334, which is a non-security update. This completely messes up my patching workflow.

My current options, as I see it, are to either included non-security updates in my patching catalog and figure out which ones I am going to allow, or to allow superseded patches to remain active.

Based on this, in my opinion, a…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Hard Drive Encryption

Please see if we can inject a script before patching starts to turn off login for encryption (Symantec Endpoint Encryption) and a script to turn back on after patching is done.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Patching reboot options default behaviour

We have Microsoft patching set to prompt the end user about rebooting now or later so they can choose when to restart so it does not affect their work process. While the majority of reboots are prompted and go as planned, over the past couple of years we have seen several occasions where the user is definitely not prompted to restart at patching completion and KACE just restarts the system on its own accord. The most recent time it occurred I lodged a SR with Quest (SR Number:3918626) and a technician checked the logs and between us we concluded that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Minimize Patch Notification

It would be a nice feature to allow the user the option to minimize a patch notification other than disabling it completely.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. When patching fails with "error", tell us what the problem is!

What a concept. It says "error" and error only. Tell us what the error is and why it's failing, maybe a solution??

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. patching force reboot

Patching, Force reboot even if the patch not require reboot or no patches installed.
    I want to build a schedule that always reboots it´s clients before it´s finished.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Pre-staging of patches

To increase our patching run rates and to better manage network bandwidth, we’d like the ability to pre-stage required patches on systems and kick off the installation at a designated time; preferably, the appliance tells the agent to start its patching cycle at the designated time (especially for devices off-network like laptops).

It's my understanding that staging doesn't occur with just a detect; the updates are only copied down during the deploy phase.

146 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is under consideration but not planned for the next release, Please continue voting if you’d like to see this feature prioritized for a future release.

19. Add the ability to associate a script to a Patch Schedule

I would love to have the ability to run a script as part of a patch schedule and have it run before the patching begins.

The example I have in mind would be for patching BIOS on computers using Bitlocker. I could have a separate patch schedule for BIOS patching only and have a script set to run prior to patching that would suspend bitlocker and enable it after the next reboot. With it being integrated with the patch schedule, I would not have to worry about the bitlocker disable script running needlessly.

I am doing something similar with scripts,…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. End-user ability to minimize the patching box that comes up.

Currently, the user can drag the box off the screen to get rid of it, but it is still there if there are giving a presentation, for example. It should be fairly easy to make it so the end-user can minimize the box.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base