SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shutdown machine after scheduled patches complete.

It would be very beneficial to have a button within each patch schedule to allow shutting down the machine after patching has happened.

For us, our maintenance department pushes power management and powering off machines, and we are finally getting to a point to be able to do patching overnight, but would like to meet them half way by shutting down the workstations after they're done patching. I am aware we can create a separate script to initiate a shutdown, but this would be a guessing game regarding when the whole group machines have actually finished patching.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Smart Label Reporting for Missing Patches

We patch our Servers in Groups of 10 or 20 for easier maintenance and testing. However, we do not automatically deploy these patches to the servers as we want to review each patch and verify that it will not impact any configurations. Right now, once the scheduled patch detection has completed, we have to go through each individual server from the inventory to see what patches are available or run a massive report. This is very time consuming and not very user friendly. I would like to see if there was a way, once the patch detection has completed, an…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Improve the Patching System

I understand the importance of having the patching system not distribute patches with invalid signatures, but I'd like an option to manually disable patches so that we can run updates against our systems even if there are one or more patches with bad signatures.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Change patch/distribution download location on KACE Agent

Currently the KACE Agent downloads patches and files to the C drive on machines. This can cause the C drive to fill up if it is a small partition.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Deploy all patches default setting

If you reconfigure a detect patch schedule to deploy, it defaults to all patches
    It could make for a very bad day

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Patch Labels

Add an additional option or change the smart label searches to include ONLY those patches it detects from the system. When I create a smart label for a specific OS and not to include superseded, it displays hundreds of patches most of which are not installed on my systems. It would increase admin efficiency if we don't have to invalidate each patch that doesn't matter.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Ability to Export Patches in Native .MSU format

Currently patches can only be exported in the .kpkg format. Having the ability to export in the native Microsoft format will allow one to patch a system that is either having issues with the KBOX client, or another server in your enviornment that is not managed by the KBOX.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Limit when patches are installed

I would like to be able to limit when patches are installed for some clients, eg install starts at 2 AM but finishes at 5 AM.

The reason is that I cannot interrupt a store operation to install patches so these have to run outside of open hours. Whilst I start the patch job at 3AM, I have found some tills were installing patches at 9:30AM and impacted the store's ability to do their start of day process.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base