SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Patch Catalog - Default View

Just as we have a customized default view in Inventory, can we have a customized default view in Catalog for patch management? It always opens up to show Applicable Packages and 2016. I would rather it default to Individual Packages and a patching label we have created to simply steps.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. patching force reboot

Patching, Force reboot even if the patch not require reboot or no patches installed.
    I want to build a schedule that always reboots it´s clients before it´s finished.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow for Maintenance Windows for patch deployments

With SCCM there is the option to allow a Maintenance window for a group of machines (collection). So i could have a single patch schedule which defines the group of patches to be deployed and assign it to all systems. The machines would ONLY be able to download and install the patches based on the defined maintenance window.

Example:
    Server Group A - midnight to 2am
    Server Group B - 2am to 4am
    Server Group C - 4am to 6am

Patch schedule includes all server groups. But based on the respective windows the times these servers will patch will be…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. PC Exception Lists for Patch deployment

I would like to see an Exception list option added to the Patch Management and the Managed Deploy in the K1000.
    In our case, we have "General Build Groups for different sites that we manage. In these group there might be 150 - 200 computers. In the General Build we want to have all of them to be patched with latest version of Adobe Reader, Java, .Net. But lets say that out of the 150 - 200 PC's there are 5 that we don't want to update the Java because of a particular Application that requires a particular version of…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Devices Firmware update

Kace K1000 appliance is able to update BIOS remotely. But I didn't found any option to update devices firmware, like SSD, hard drive, optical drive, webcam, etc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Improve the Patch Schedule Drill Down

If I go to Patch Management > Patch Schedules I get a table showing all the patch schedules with columns showing "Pending"; "Downloading", "Executing"... etc. Really useful information at a glance.

If I click on say "Executing" for one of the patches that is running it brings up a list of devices that are currently having patches applied. But it is a list pulled from the inventory. To find out what is actually happening to each computer you have to go into each one, then scroll down to "Patching Detect/Deploy Status" to find out the relevant information. When I've a…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Patch Management - Schedule drill down

Would like to be able to swap screens back to patch schedule vs patch management when drilling down.

Example:

Security - Patch Management - Patch Schedule ... I drill down to teh schedule and have to return to the Patch Management to choose the Patch Schedule to drill down to another schedule.

Photo Attached - Top Photo, fixing to go into a schedule
    Bottom photo - ONly the option to return to the patch management vs Patch schedule selection.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Exclude certain machines from labels when patching, scripting, software managed install, etc

When certain machine labels includes some machines that should not be deployed patches or scrpits or software, you select those machines in blank box.

And selected machines are not affected at all.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow for a “remove label” option for manual patch labels

Allow for a “remove label” option for manual patch labels created. This ability exists for manual device labels but not for manual patch labels.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Patch Catalog: add field for Date Added to Catalog in Patch Detail

Need a timestamp added to patch detail of when it was added to the Patch Catalog (feed) of your K1000.

Released date is based on when patch was released by Vendor. Sometimes patches (esp. 3rd party ones) can take a week or more before showing up in the patch feed. This is problematic for pre-production testing purposes as there is no date to check against for when it became available to use in your environment.

For example, if testing is 7 days and I check released+7 days in a label to enable production machines (as that is the only date…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Notifications for Patching

It would be nice to have the ability to link one or more email addresses to a patch schedule kind of like in the reporting. When all the servers in the schedule are finished (completed, error, or reboot pending) an email is sent to notify someone.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Patching - ability to display list of patches to be installed

The option to display "details" of a patch job would be nice. A competitors product was nice in this regard. Key patch testers would know with no clicks just what was to be done to their systems.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Differentiate between "applicable" updates versus "available" updates

KACE shows all 'available' updates but does not differentiate between 'applicable' updates, which makes it almost impossible to know true security vulnerability exposure. For example, if Flash is not installed on a system it KACE still shows Flash as 'missing' - however for security compliance reporting that system is not actually vulnerable because Flash isn't even installed.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add "Download Date" as a filter in creating patch smart label.

I would like to be able to use download date as a criteria in creating a patch smart label. I am currently using release date, but that sometimes causes issues for me when patches are downloaded long after their release date.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Check all sessions before restarting the machine

When a patch management deploy schedule has a reboot option enabled with the property "Automatically Reboot When No One Is Logged In" set to true, the Dell KACE agent should check *all* sessions on the system, not just the console session. If someone logs-in to their desktop via RDP and then disconnects, the agent (as it works now) will automatically restart the PC because it is only checking the console session.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. End-user ability to minimize the patching box that comes up.

Currently, the user can drag the box off the screen to get rid of it, but it is still there if there are giving a presentation, for example. It should be fairly easy to make it so the end-user can minimize the box.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Date when a patch was added to KACE, not just when it was released

Since not all patches are available on the day they are released, it might be beneficial to see when that particular patch was added to KACE. We don't want to deploy patches that are untested in our environment, so having that date there would allow us to know both when it was released from Microsoft (for example) and when it was actually added to KACE (4-10 days after).

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add the ability to associate a script to a Patch Schedule

I would love to have the ability to run a script as part of a patch schedule and have it run before the patching begins.

The example I have in mind would be for patching BIOS on computers using Bitlocker. I could have a separate patch schedule for BIOS patching only and have a script set to run prior to patching that would suspend bitlocker and enable it after the next reboot. With it being integrated with the patch schedule, I would not have to worry about the bitlocker disable script running needlessly.

I am doing something similar with scripts,…

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sort Columns in Patch Catalog with Number as Such (Not as Strings)

The "Installed", "Missing" and "Error" fields in the Patch Catalog to not sort correctly. They sort alphabetically instead of numerically. Please fix this.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base