SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to Export Patches in Native .MSU format

Currently patches can only be exported in the .kpkg format. Having the ability to export in the native Microsoft format will allow one to patch a system that is either having issues with the KBOX client, or another server in your enviornment that is not managed by the KBOX.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Patching Notification

Just spit balling a thought that just ran through my head:

What if Lumension / Kace issued a patching notice / update to admins who register for it? It could be a weekly email thing. In it Lumension could outline newly released patches (MS, et al.) and the projected release dates from Lumension down to our Kboxes. As admins we would know that certain patches we are looking for are in the pipeline and their ETA dates. Now, as admins, we are no longer in the dark wondering where our patches may be. It would keep emails or support tickets…

124 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Limit when patches are installed

I would like to be able to limit when patches are installed for some clients, eg install starts at 2 AM but finishes at 5 AM.

The reason is that I cannot interrupt a store operation to install patches so these have to run outside of open hours. Whilst I start the patch job at 3AM, I have found some tills were installing patches at 9:30AM and impacted the store's ability to do their start of day process.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Patch Settings for Online Source should show info about patches.tgz

Should at least have the file size. But would also be nice if a summary of the patches was available.
    Since the process of moving new patches to the offline kbox is manual, it would be nice to provide information about whether it needs to be done.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Initiate patch installation to local machine from patch detail page

From the adminui/patch.php page, add a button to force a detect/deploy for the patch on the current machine. This would be useful for trouble-shooting failed patch deployments when only a few machines have trouble.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Optimize patch order to reduce reboots

I find that patching fully from Microsoft Updates may require 4 reboots on an OS like Vista SP2. Patching that OS with Kbox, might require 10 or 15. End-users don't like reboots. Optimizing patch deployment to a system would be greatly welcomed to reduce the restarts a workstation/server needs.

660 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    19 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Run Patching when idle

I would like the ability to have a patching schedule based on system idle time. ie have a check box that says run when system is idle for ___ minutes.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Regarding the Patching Schedule, Reboot Options

Regarding the Patching Schedule Reboot Options, I was hoping to see an option that is between “Force Reboot” and “Prompt User”. What I was looking for was “If there is a user logged on, then prompt user” and “If there is no one logged on Force Reboot”.
    We have a few hundred machines (student and faculty/staff) that get patched every night. I want to make sure that the machines get patched (and may need a reboot) and not wait till someone uses the machine to reboot, so forced reboot is great. But, then again, I don’t want a student working…

136 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  14 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Security - Advertise Patches

SMS/SCCM have the ability to advertise patches in the form of a pop-up, notifying the user that they have x days to install patches and reboot, at the end of which it will be forced. Also the ability to force the install and give the user x days to reboot or else it will be forced.

40 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 4 5 6 8 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base