SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Drop Down lists for labels

I would like drop down lists to be available when I am building labels. For Example: If I select Operating system =. I would like the system to list all of my Operating systems as part of a drop down list instead of me having to type the o/s name in a free text field.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. User accounts - Edit Fields

Ability to edit the custom fields in the user accounts. I would like to name the custom field in the user account (Settings > Users) on which attribute I associate to it. For example Custom 1 associated with attribute manager. I would like Custom 1 to specify Manager: instead of Custom 1:.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. After click save, don't go back to listing

After you click "save" on a script, don't go back to the default scripts page, then you have to search for the script that you were working on again... This happens for managed installs and other thigns as well...

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to quickly apply attributes to objects

When I check the box to select a particular object and then select 'choose action' and then select an action such as adding a label to an inventory. It would be nice to change what happens after this.

If you are trying to quickly add multiple labels to an object it would be nice if that object stayed checked so you could add additional labels. If I need to apply 5 labels to 10 different machines it can be tedious to have to select the name of each one, and then scroll down and add the labels, and do this…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Undo last action

A testing environment for changes is important sure, but we've all done things and then immediately realised we shouldn't have.

I'd like to see an 'Undo' button which reverts your most recent action. It would be great if this could work anywhere - if you changed a setting on the K1000 which had undesired effects, simply 'Undo' and those changes would reverse out.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Wizards for creating AD Labels

When creating labels in the K1000, launch a wizard that will actively query AD and let you pick the OU or group in AD to use in a label. This would eliminate the need to construct your own LDAP query. The browse function in the AD areas are a bit clunky to navigate through and it still wont populate variables like (KBOX_COMPUTER_NAME) or (KBOX_USER).

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Option to turn off specific Smart Labels or disable them temporarily.

When a task assigned to a smart label doesn't work as expected the ability to disable the smart label would immediately remove the machines from the task instead of having to wait for the task to complete.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Integrate notes in Label wizards

The ability to define notes (and edit notes) via the wizard would be ideal. Also having a mouseover event that shows notes in the UI in places other than the label management screen.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add the URL name back to browser tab because you can tell if I was in helpdesk, inventory, assets, etc, easily

Add the URL name back to browser tab because you can tell if I was in helpdesk, inventory, assets, etc, easily when yo have multiple browser tab open

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add reboot or other machine actions to the Machine Action or Choose Action button

I would like to be able to restart computers from the Computer inventory Choose Action button or Computer Item Detail page Machine Action button.
    I've got scripts that can do this, but it would be much more convenient when you find a machine with patch status of "Reboot Pending", if you could click "reboot selected machines now".

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow sorting by column under security>Detect and deploy patches>(schedulename)>Show All

I have more systems in a patch schedule than are visible on one page and it would be helpful in monitoring progress if I could sort them by status, name, or other collumn.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Filter inventory by Description

In WoL, we have the ability to filter machines by the computer description, which is exceptionally convenient for us since we have the user's name as the PC description. I would like to see this filtering option go across the entire product, specifically the Service Desk. When the SD is entering tickets, the user's assigned machine and asset are not entered automatically. Since we can currently only filter by PC name, we have to go to Inventory and search there, causing the ticket entering to take longer with extra steps. The same goes for Run Now in Scripting.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Include scripts, distributions, WOL, and patch schedules as machine action options

This way we could easily and quickly run a script, deploy a software package, or initiate a patch schedule (for just that machine) right from the machine list or machine detail page. Would be extremely handy, browser-agnostic, and save a lot of time.

For example, if you have the two free Bomgar licenses and chose the hosted option you could initiate a Bomgar session with one or two clicks from the machine page without sending an e-mail message. Or if you are working on getting your patches up-to-date you could focus on one machine and kick off a patch schedule…

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  6 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Upon Logging in show labels

Not that this is a big deal but it would be great if a user could choose their default view of the K1000 Inventory. I always go and click "Show Labels" everytime I log in. Labels are an important of my Inventory and thus use a lot of them.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Clickable links in Asset management

Item(s) in assets should be CLICKABLE links especially if the item(s) have pages/information related that is located on the KBOX.

This enables MUCH faster navigation when seeking information in the Asset database or within the kbox.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Reorder the TimeZones in Date and time Settings.

they're currently listed in alphabetical order of some city within the time zone, not by the time zone name, or the time relative to GMT like every other application does. Since it doesn't list time by the city I live in, I had to read every single America\.... entry to find one that was in the correct time zone.

A simple UTC-0500 would suffice...

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Consistency in OS Selection, Alert Messaging, and Scheduling

Currently, there are several variations on common components in the K1000 admin interface that cause confusion & force workarounds. Some implementations of the OS selection force you to go in and revise all Custom Inventory Rules every time a OS update is released. Some instances of scheduling force the creation of multiple items (alerts & Wake on LAN events, for example) because they are needed multiple times in 1 week to match a patch schedule. These are the different implementations I have seen:

1) OS Selection-
    Software Inventory: (also used for custom inventory rules) forces admins to select supported OS…

57 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are investigating some changes to the UI that will ensure a more consistent experience across the K1 for each of these areas.

Considering there are three different areas listed in this idea, we may look to implement these separately to focus on the most urgent needs. Based on the comments, the biggest issue here appears to be related to the OS selection for software inventory not allowing the ability to select all OS versions for Mac or Windows.

These are all valid ideas that would improve consistency so these have all been added to the backlog but they are not currently planned for our next release. Please continue to vote if you’d like to see this prioritized for a future release.

19. Remove Roles

Under Roles>choose action, there is only the option to 'apply roles' to a group of selected individuals but not the option to remove roles from selected individuals. So if an IT admin made the mistake of assigning a 100-1000 users the wrong role, he/she will now have to go through each one and remove the role manually. If the drop down has the option to apply a role to all selected users, it should also have the option to remove a role to all selected users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Keep View By Settings When Navigating To and From a Webpage

If it would be possible to have the View By setting stored in a cookie so when you go to a webpage (eg Inventory), your last search was still there rather than constantly typing or selecting a label for your search.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base