SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add alphabetical links to pages in Software Inventory listing.

In addition to the Next Page link it would be useful to have links to A, B, C etc. pages to navigate to the software title listings beginning with that letter

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create a popup "Save changes" window

We have created two templates in our K1000 for creating software install scripts. The idea is to duplicate the template, and then make modifications to the job. How great would it be if after you spend a few minutes modifying that script if you forgot to save that a popup would ask you if you wanted to save before you navigate away from that page!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow different color schemes and text styles for toaster pop-ups

The KACE would work well as an alerting system if the toaster pop-ups were more user friendly. The scripting popup is extremely limited in length, all popups look the same, and popups can't hold text styles. This leads to users ignoring instructions in the popups because they don't see a difference between an MI telling them it is done, a script with post-install instructions, and an alert telling them there is an approaching tornado.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Improve performance when using Internet Explorer (IE) Web Browser

Currently, it is slow to use IE to navigate the KBOX UI. Using Google Chrome or Firefox is MUCH faster. Often there are update delays which cause mis-clicks etc. This isn't always an issue for IT staff, as installing alternative browsers is generally our prerogative. For end-users, or lower tier staffers who can't/don't install alternative browsers, IE is very slow and prevents "acceptance" among users.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Ability to rename "name" field for assets

Enable us to rename the "name" field for assets. For example, if I have a "Purchase Order" asset type, I want the "name" field to hold the PO number. I can instruct the users to use it in that way, but it would be much more intuitive if I could rename it. I understand that it's a mandatory index field, that's fine. let me rename it though so it's more appropriate for the asset type.

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Smart user labels

Smart user labels

Now it is not possible to add an smart label for users.
    In the budget code, I have an number that is connected to the organisational structure. By using the seach function i can give a label to users based on a search on this budget code, but I have to relabel my users white every move inside the organisation. White smart user labels, I have to do this only once.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make smart labels Contextual

When building a smart label, queries are done independant of each other. So If I make a label that says look for This program and this version, it will check the full mahcine inventory for that software, and then check the full inventory for that version number. Instead, it should only check the version number of the software I selected. This cause issues when more then one program has the same version number as another you want to check for.
    Example. A machine has 32bit java version X and 64bit java version Y. I want to see if a machine…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Better Alert Scheduling

Under Reports/Alerts, it would be nice if the scheduling were better. As it is now, you can only schedule an alert to run every day or once a week. It would be nice if you could schedule an alert bi-weekly, monthly, yearly, etc.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  3 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Custom Logo on Admin UI

Could we please have the ability to replace the Admin UI logo as we have the ability to do so on the User UI and Reports.

Thanks

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. SCAP scan results - would like ability to delete "not applicable"

I would like the ability to delete "not applicable" results in Security-->SCAP Scan-->Scan Results "SCAP Configuration Scan Results"

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Searching

The upgrade to 5.3.47927 has made a change that is just a real pain. When we enter something in the search box and hit enter like we have for the several years we have use the product it does not search. You have to use the mouse to click the search button.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Improve search when in a custom view

When we are using the 'Active Incidents' view or a "Custom' view we would like the search results to be based on the filter.

When I search 'Active Incidents' for 'printer' I only want to see results for tickets that aren't closed but contain the word 'printer'

If I wanted to search for 'printer' in all tickets, including closed, i would set the view to 'All Incidents' then search for printers.

I hope that makes sense!

Cheers
    Greg

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Team Viewer Machine Action

A TeamViewer Machine Action would be ideal. Another option is the ability to pass an asset field as a variable to the machine action. This would allow us to use ANY machine action as you could simply use an asset field to define the command line switch you wish to send.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add support for custom logos in other image formats.

The K1000 will only allow uploading of JPG files for the User Portal and Reports. JPG does not support transparency. Uploading a JPG with a white background looks very ugly.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Smart Labels - Ability to force refresh of ASSET based ones

Possibly create a new Smart Label category which is primarily asset based. In our situation we use the asset information to select extra packages which are visible to this machine in helpdesk and also during imaging. Being able to force refresh on asset only (ie labels which dont require any information from an inventory) smart labels would be great. It would mean that we could sell a license key to a student, select what ever it is as an available package and not have to wait for his machine to check in. It would speed things up quite a bit.…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Alert more than 250 Users Simultaneously

I have had to create 3 separate alert groups in order to get a message out to my user group. I run them back to back anyway, but I'd like to be able to alert all my users using one alert group.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add the user name field to the patch schedule summary

When going over the patch schedule summary it would be really nice to be able to quickly track down a computer based on the user who is logged into it.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. LDAP imported User info - Change Field Names

I would like to be able to rename the fields since i will be importing different info, e.g. i don't need "Budget Code" but i would like "Manager's Name". I could use the Custom fields, but I want to have the wording clearly define the data in the field.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Filters are cleared once label is applied

After applying a label to an advanced filter the filter is removed and all results are shown.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow labeling from inside a software detail

It would make life easier if we could label a group of users right from a software detail page instead of creating a filter. We already have the information we're looking for right in front of us

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base