SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Reports by asset type and location

Allow the wizard to create a report by location for each asset type. For example I have several asset types. Devices, Mobile Devices, Printers, Network equipment, etc... For each of these asset types i would like to show which location they are at. The report is limited per asset type. The view for assets can show all assets by location but you can't add additional columns for users, serial number, model, etc. You also can't create a label for assets to use for reports.

5 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Cached Reporting

I think it would be useful for the reporting system to create a cached copy that can be linked to in an email notification so that I am not loading up our exchange server with report files every time a scheduled report runs. The notification sends out that the report is ready and the user receiving the notification can click a link in the email and go to the readied report in either a selectable or preselected (during creation of schedule/notification) format.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Report Schedules are missing the ability to create a schedule that runs every other week

Report Schedules are missing the ability to create a schedule that runs every other week or a custom week schedule. It can be achieved using a high level crontab string. But the end user does not have the ability to use that custom string in the Custom option while creating the Reporting Job.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Catalog Windows optional features (Optional Software)

It would be handy to have reporting available for windows optional features.
    This data is available from powershell -
    Win10:
    Get-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online
    Server:
    Get-WindowsFeature

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. See location of installed programs.

Show location on the machine where KACE found the installed software for nonstandard install locations.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Report for time to opened status

It would be beneficial to have a canned report for time from new to open status that accounts for business hours to report on SLA based upon ticket type.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Patching Snooze Report for agents/machines

Please add a report that can show how many times a user snoozed the patch job. This can come in handy when a user complains about issues on the machine who refused to do the updates.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Sortable Reports

It is so frustrating that anytime a custom report is built, it is not exportable to a .xls format that is sortable. If I want a list of all PC's with the Dell Ship Date give it to me with each system AND ship date on a single row of data. As it is, the system information comes out on one row and below that is a "Ship Date" row as a header and then another row or two of ship dates. Please give us an option to get all of the information for 1 device on 1 row of…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. All needed patches per device

I would love to see a report that lists each device and all applicable patches needed. This would include Windows and any 3rd party patches needed. Basically the opposite of the "Devices compliant by patch" report.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Reporting - Definition of the CSV output file

My use case was:
    I need an inventory report for the billing of licenses for our customers.
    Unfortunately the billing software only reads CSV files with the following definition:
    - semicolon separated (default is comma seperated)
    - UTF8 (default is )
    - only text fields are between quotation marks (default is all fields are between quotation marks)

After my unsuccessful searching for an option to define the creation of a Reporting CSV file I contacted the support and I was told that there is no option to define the CSV output file. I was recommended to leave demand here.

It…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow configuration of PDF orientation when exporting reports

Some reports could greatly benefit when exporting if they could come out landscape.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. cidc

To get SAM Certified by Microsoft, it's needed to fill in a specific excel-template called Clead Inventory Data Contract (CIDC). Microsoft won't accept any other format. It would be great if the K1000 had a built in CIDC-Report, that fills in all data it can provide directly into the according field in that specific template.
    I think this woul be useful for many organization, because as of now it is the only way to get SAM-Certified.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. View internet activity

Run reports on internet activity

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Put the preview back in the Report Wizard so you can see the results before saving it.

The Report Wizard used to allow you to preview the results of your report before saving it so you can make changes. Would like this feature added back.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Generate report via email without a schedule

Currently we allow reports to be scheduled or generated via the UI. Sometimes I just want to generate as an attachment ad-hoc and email to a user or address. Adding a generate to Email button to the existing formats might open a dialogue and prompt for the address and report attachment type.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Additional date formats in reports

I would like to be able to set the date format in reports regardless of the locale. I use the SMA in German and when I create a report I get the date shown as follows: dd.mm.yyyy

Anyone who has ever tried to sort something according to this format knows how suboptimal that is. Therefore, I would appreciate it if I could choose which format the date should be displayed in a report. This could certainly be implemented via a simple drop-down menu.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add the option to Disable Custom Inventory Fields so they can easily be reactivated when needed.

Add the option to Disable Custom Inventory Fields so they can easily be reactivated when needed.
    Sometime it can take a lot of effort to obtain the Custom Inventory desired. Once the information is obtained, the cif needs to be deleted to stop the unnecessary processing.
    It would be nice if there was an option to Disable Custom Inventory Fields to stop the unnecessary processing when it is is not needed, but easily reactivated when needed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Reports saved to folder

It would be very helpful to be able to have scheduled reports saved to a folder location (network share) as an additional option to e-mail.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Create a report wizard for patching

A simple report wizard that allows you to point to a patching label and outputs Machine name, number patches needed by that machines, # successes, # errors and %. Maybe the ability to specify severity level...

Example output: Test-machine1 20 19 1 95%

Seems like every org would need this without having someone with SQL scripting and SMA knowledge to have to create it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add the option to use Report Wizard AFTER a report was created

Need an option to use the Report Wizard (or SQL) after a report is created. We have reports that were created using the Wizard but that option is no longer available to edit/adjust the report.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base