SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to set Manager to Unassigned in User Detail

Manager field was recently added to the User Detail screen. After manually assigning a Manager to my user record, I am now unable to change it back to 'Unassigned'. It does not appear in the drop-down list.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Appliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Konductor log munin plugin

A munin plugin could be a more readable way to monitor the K1000 activity.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Appliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Orgs had the option to lockdown number of agents (node count purchased) per Org

If account purchased 1000 agent nodes to be spread across 4 Orgs, there's nothing built into the appliance where they can lock down the maximum number of nodes to be used per Orgs and it always has to be regulated. If a node number could be locked down by the IT admin, there wouldn't need to be a need to keep managing that aspect of the Org among other Orgs to make sure the maximum number is enforced.

This would also be good for agentless node count. Thirdly, the ability to report on agent/agentless node counts used/available per Org and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. I would like to see added support for KVM hypervisor (see ticket 4149427) on virtual appliances

I would like to see added support for KVM hypervisor (see ticket 4149427) on virtual appliances. This would require support for additional block storage device types, specifically virtio drivers.

I was able (after messing with the install ISO's /etc/fstab entries) to get it to install and it's working great!

Could NOT import hyper-v nor vmware appliances due to the block device type.

Import pre-configured appliance
    Configure block device as VirtIO, and NIC as Intel E1000
    Insert FreeBSD installation DVD into available CDROM
    Set Boot Order such that the CDROM is booted first
    After the VM boots to a prompt asking…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. A warning if a discontinued version is used

If you login as administrative user you should get the info that the version you are using is discontinued.
    Currently you get a message that a new version is avaiable if it is enabled in the DW.
    But there is no info for all appliances out there.
    So there are many really old appliances out there.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like to have Kace image in the following formats as our cloud provides only ISO, QCOW2 and RAW

We have a new cloud environment which is an upgrade from our existing formats where the below image formats are supported
    ISO, QCOW2 and RAW

Does Kace has any plans to have images on these formats.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Mac adress of WLAN searchable

On the K1000 only the Mac of the Ethernet Adapter is queryed by search. WLAN Mac adresses can`t be found.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Appliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Agent handler in DMZ

I think it would be awesome if there was an "agent handler" that could be deployed in the DMZ that would serve as a portal between the network appliance and the outside network agents.

This would allow internet agents to check in without allowing the whole system to be exposed to attacks.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Support Hyper-V Cluster

Officially support running the K1000 on a Hyper-V Cluster.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allowing changes to the Not Allowed message.

Currently when an application/program is not allowed through Application Control the message simply says "Application control" "Terminated black listed application".
    Would be nice to change this message to give the user a reason and contact method to get the app white listed.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow backup dump of the Kace database for another server to serve the database

We are seeing that sometimes using the Kace appliance to do the reports can be very slow, and when we have reports running on the appliance, this can make the appliance go even slower.

I would like a way to export the whole database from the appliance so another server or even another Kace appliance, but basically I want to be able to have another server or appliance be used do the reporting instead of using my production Kace appliance.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. creating CIR and be able to include a smart label and not be super seeded by the chosen operating systems

When creating a CIR (Custom Inventory Rule) and applying a smart label to select certain specific devices from my query and the supported operating systems chosen.
    the smart label does take in affect because of the supported operating systems super seeds the smart label.

the smart label and supported operating systems when creating a CIR must coexist together. The selection of supported operating systems must not super seed a smart label.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. "Owner's only" audit in the History tab.

Please add an audit trail for the Owner's Only option in the History Tab. You can see that the option is selected, but cannot see who checked/unchecked the option or when.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create a token for "problem description" so that we can include that on emails.

Create a token for "problem description" so that we can include that on emails.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Label IDs for Smart Label Criteria

Currently, I have a few smart labels that depend on other labels. This works as intended, but doesn't feel correct. For example, I have a label called ML-ManualUpdates that has several conditions like:
    "Label Names = ML-NoUpdates"

However, if I ever rename ML-NoUpdates to something else, ML-ManualUpdates will no longer work as I intended. I noticed that the labels have an ID that is used internally in the database and can be seen on the label's page URL. Is it possible to have labels depend on these IDs? Then, labels would still function no matter the name.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Prevent user from choosing too many columns under "Column Visibility" menus

I just had a SR because my own user account 's Devices screen got corrupted when i choose one too many columns from the Column Visibility customization menu. The Reset Default Layout option was broken too. KACE support had to tether my k1000 to fix the issue for me, There is no mention of a limitation on amount of columns in the admin guide, but if you do what i did, it could break the user account's view of the screen. Granted the column i was adding was a from a custom attribute i created in Computer Assets, but the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. alertas en tiempo real

que al entrar al alconsola salga un indicador de equipos con poco espacio en disco, cambios en al ram, cambio de IP, nombre de equipo.
    no realizar un reporte para tener esta informcion.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. In the installation of the OVF file in VMWare the section to select the language to continue the installation.

The setup has English selected as the default and you can not proceed due to the highlighted English is not an option. You have to scroll down 3 or 4 languages to English then proceed. A little confusing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Create a K1000 remote appliance.

This would allow better inventory processing and possible allow Kbox to manage different domains. I currently have very poor/ high latency connections for some of my remote sites and have chosen to maintain a separate Domain infrastructure for easy of management. These poor connections also interfere with the Device inventory process. This would be an expansion of the already existing File Replication process. I would also like to see improvements in seeding of the remote file share.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base