SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Run a script in run now status with the logged in person running the script to find out who does what.

today for check who executed a script we have to do this:
    - Settings › History › Object History > view by : Script and check the execution time and compare it with the "run now" status in : Scripting › Run Now Status.

• then check who is the user who performed the task.

• Would it be possible to have the user directly execute the script in the execution status of the script.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. syslog to use key-value pairs

I would like to open a feature request: for syslog to use key-value pairs. As you can see in the screenshot below the syslog are delineated with “ – “ (space dash space). This makes parsing the logs difficult especially when usernames commonly have spaces or dashes in them. The request from our National Logging team is to use key-value pairs (username="Patrick Hedglen", IP=”192.168.1.100”). Linked below is Splunk’s best practice guide.

https://dev.splunk.com/enterprise/docs/developapps/addsupport/logging/loggingbestpractices/

23 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrate K1000 with Microsoft Teams

Integrate K1000 with Microsoft Teams to allow users to open tickets directly from Microsoft Teams and fill in necessary categories/information

In addition the ability to create Planner tasks for Tickets in kace would be ideal

21 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Use SSH keys for authentication to *nix devices

This idea was suggested several years ago (https://kace.uservoice.com/forums/82699-sma-k1000/suggestions/11384394-ssh-rsa-keys-are-needed-to-let-the-kace-connect-to) and didn't get many votes, so I'm hoping to resurrect support for it here.

Like the OP, I manage many Unix-based servers in my KACE SMA, and I would prefer to disallow username/password authentication whenever possible, especially for appliance service accounts. I was excited to see that "Secret Key" is one of the Credential types, then confused when I couldn't select the one I saved when adding a new Agentless-via-SSH device, then completely disheartened when I read that the "Secret Key" type is only used for working with the KACE…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Agentless  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Customize color of the ticket's status

For exemple :

• State "Closed" then color yellow

• State "Open" then color green

• State "New" then color blue

Like the "Priority" setting

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Create an agent for ARM 64bit

Right now the arm agent works on 32Bit Raspberry (and if some changes are made also on other 32Bit ARM platforms) but not on 64Bit.
    Since ARM has been moved to 64bit it would be nessesary to have also a 64Bit agent since the 32Bit one is incompatible to 64Bit.

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Agent  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Support Additional LSA Protection

The LSA, which includes the Local Security Authority Server Service (LSASS) process, validates users for local and remote sign-ins and enforces local security policies.

LSA can be configured to run as a protected process, to make attacks such as pass-the-hash more difficult. For more information on running enabling additional LSA protection:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/security/credentials-protection-and-management/configuring-additional-lsa-protection

KACE looks to implement an LSA plug-in (KaceCredentialProvider.dll), which would need to support running LSA in this way.

Support case SR4837981 confirmed this isn't something Quest currently supports.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. We have both K1000 and K2000, the issue is being able to run MI directly from taskchain

We have both K1000 and K2000, the issue is being able to run MI directly from taskchain. The issue is I need several different taskchains, for new images, number of departments and groups. Each with a different software requirements.
    Causing additional work, making four different places for us to manage, MI, Scripts, Task Chain and imaging server with its own type of MI and Scripting..

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Managed Install  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Show/modify Assets fields on Ticket

Able to bring assets field from asset to Show or modify data.
    For example in a ticket for alocation resources (stored on Asset).
    the changes need be recorded in a ticket or need a aprovall process to do that. Assign some resource to user. Alocate something to center cost. Change the Asset Status.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create a Asset Type Service Catalog

Create a Asset Type Service Catalog, well integrated with service desk, queues, KB and User Portal.

Asset to define each Service available.
    Queue - will populate on category, SLA, Priority.
    approval Required - populate who will aprove when required
    Description - will populate on KB and User Portal.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Get fields from User Profile

Able to when you assign a user, you can run a action to get data from user profile like Location, Center cost, Department, custom Fields and insert on asset field (in one shot or synchronized).

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to format the print option in a ticket

I would like to be able to format the output when I print a ticket. I envisage it would be part of the Q configuration and it might be like the template option where you would select the fields that you want to print and some minor formatting options. Currently you get a straight dump which includes history etc and it runs to several pages of no format.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. KB suggestions while creating ticket

You know how when you're filling out the service request form on support.quest.com, it suggests KB articles based on keywords in your request? It would be helpful if KACE could do that, too. That way, techs could get answers handed to them while they look at a ticket, and users could potentially get answers to their questions without having to get IT involved at all.

8 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Knowledge Base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Splunk TA/App for SMA

After being promised splunk connectivity during our sales process, we found that the data exported through syslog is very limited. I have Spoken with Joshua Herrera and Stacy Pickering regarding this and was politely told that nothing can be done to increase syslog verbosity or install a Splunk UF on our tenant. This sounds like the only option is for Kace to produce a Splunk TA/App that would allow secure API based connectivity and near real-time log collection via the Kace API.
    For the sake of maintaining us as your customer, I implore you to please author a Splunk TA/APP…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Require ability to whitelist MFA

Currently we have MFA turned on for the SMA. Users are prompted to perform MFA when they login each day. We ask that we have the ability to define an IP exclusion or whitelist where users located on the internal network would be exempt from MFA. Currently, OKTA & Microsoft & Citrix provide whitelist capabilities. We would expect the same feature from KACE

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. disable quarantine

v11 option to disable quarantine/register agent and allow rollback to previous behaviour : auto register and inventory and proceed with installations)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Have ability to receive text messages when owner is assigned a ticket

Some of our team has asked whether is is possible to receive text messages when assigned tickets of a particular priority.
    Additionally we would like functionality so that when tickets reach SLA breach a text message alert is escalated to the Owner's Manager.
    I understand neither of these are options currently but would be a desired enhancement for the future

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Multiple schedules needed in OVAL scanning in Security.

This would be EXTREMELY useful. Oval testing cannot be automated at our company until we can create multiple schedules to accommodate our many departments and special needs groups

Oval testing is a not a legitimate feature without multiple schedules. Without this feature people will not really use this very useful feature..

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  OVAL  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Assign multiple assets to a single ticket

So often I need to perform the same task on multiple assets. In order to properly track this I have to create a ticket for each asset that needs the task performed. This could be done much better by allowing us to attach several assets to a single ticket. Please please please consider this.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Disable server-status page

Currently if you go to the SMA site page /server-status (kbox.domain.com/server-status) it will tell you that access is denied due to a lack of permissions. There should be an option to completely disable this page from visibility. This is most important to customers like us who host the appliance externally. Attackers could scan our domain and see that there is an Apache server active at the address and could plan a more focused attack against it.

We only host our appliance externally so that workers with endpoints at home and abroad are able to still be managed by the SMA.…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 58 59
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base