SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add option to disable task skipped task pop up

I opened a ticket and was told that the 11.1 update included an "enhancement" that added a skip task notification. If you're going to add a notification you need to an option to disable it too! My end users don't need to know if a task was skipped and all it did was cause more tickets to my helpdesk. Please add an option to disable this "enhancement". Thanks.

41 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow User Variable in Service Desk Custom Field Query

I'd like to query the USERFIELDVALUE table where FIELD_ID = '1' for the specific User submitting the ticket. This is just like the update query in Service Desk rules where you can specify a variable that pulls the ticket numbers from the select query, but would be for the currently logged in user (USER.ID = <USER>).

For example:

query: SELECT DISTINCT(FIELDVALUE) FROM USERFIELDVALUE WHERE FIELDID = '1' AND USER.ID = USERFIELDVALUE.USER_ID AND USER.ID = <USER>

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Microsoft Defender Antivirus - add to patch catalog

"At this time patches for Microsoft Defender Antivirus antimalware platform are not offered in the catalog"

Please do.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Modify setup parameters on Windows Feature Updates

Currently Windows Feature Updates on the K1000 requires the endpoint to have internet rights and it fails on devices that are not connected to the public internet. If the WFU would allow for the admin to modify the setup parameters then internet rights would not be necessary at the endpoint. Can these parameters be modified or an option given to run windows setup.exe with parameters similar to this? : setup.exe /auto upgrade /dynamicUpdate Disable /eula accept /showoobe none /migratedrivers all

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Run a script in run now status with the logged in person running the script to find out who does what.

today for check who executed a script we have to do this:
    - Settings › History › Object History > view by : Script and check the execution time and compare it with the "run now" status in : Scripting › Run Now Status.

• then check who is the user who performed the task.

• Would it be possible to have the user directly execute the script in the execution status of the script.

36 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Rule to History

Would like the ability to toggle in a specific queue ticket rule to add what was changed under the "History" tab. So where a ticket rule may change the status from "Waiting on End User" to "User Replied", the rule would not only change that flag but also a new entry under history would be added as if a technician did the change (but instead of the technician's name, say something like Rule #16 or Rule Name).

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Enable Logging For Helpdesk Changes

Hello,

We are trying to use Kace Tickets and Process Templates as an auditable system that can hold people accountable for critical processes within the organization. The Process Templates work relatively well for this, but there is no way to audit the system itself.

Please enable auditable logs for the helpdesk and all configuration changes within. This will help us be able to actually trust that our processes are being followed and not tampered with.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Processes: ability to define at wich phase approvals are processed

When using approvals in a process, they have to be processed before any child ticket is created.
    In Change Management (and quite often also request management), a change needs to be analyzed, evaluated and tested before approval is required. Some process workflows required a request to be evaluated, approved for further risk analysis and testing, then approved for implementation before the change gets implemented.
    Unfortunately, as soon as an SMA process uses approvals, the status values are restricted and do not allow for using custom status values for the parent ticket values to reflect the process steps required before approval. …

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. ScanSnap Updates

I don't know of a way to automatically update the scansnap applications in KACE and I don't know if the vendor allows it. This forces us to log on under our admin accounts and install the software every time an update is pushed out by the vendor. A true nightmare.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Downloads don't download from Replication Servers

When downloading from the user downloads it doesn't download from the replication server, but if you do a managed install or a script it downloads from the replication server at lan speed. This is also true for other sections like the software section under inventory.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. More Detailed Notifications when user's download/install apps

When an end user tries to install programs via User Downloads the notifications the user receives to hit OK to install and then when the installation is complete, to hit OK is not very clear. Please consider adding the name of the install package the user clicked on in the notification as well as instructing them to click OK to initiate the installation at the start. As well as the package name in the last notification after the software has been successfully installed. Thank you. I've included print screens of the current 2 notifications that are very generic. Thanks again.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  End User Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Service Desk Default View

Since 11.1 the service desk now defaults to 'All my tickets' which is not what we typically use. It used to stay on whatever was previously selected. Suggesting that this change be reverted to the previous way, or allow service desk users to set their default view. This is become very frustrating to re-set the view every time to manage multiple tickets. We typically use 'All not closed state' for our level 1 helpdesk

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. upload file from agent

Ability to upload a file to the device inventory from the command line using the agent on the client computer. I have a batch job that runs nightly that creates logs. I have to create an additional script to upload the log files. It would be nice if I could perform that step in the batch file itself, than have to coordinate 2 separate tasks, i.e. kinventory.exe -upload <filename>

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Agent  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow Managers visibility of their staff tickets

Currently in the userui users can only see their own tickets. They can be cc'd into other's tickets, but not actually view the ticket content.

I'd like to be able to allow Managers (not ticket owners of a queue) visibility of the tickets that their staff have raised, so that they have an overview.

The Manager field can be synced from AD to set relationships.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Webex Teams to the Patching Catalog

Please add Webex Teams to the Cisco Systems patch subscription. Webex Meetings and Jabber are already supported so it'd be nice to have Teams too.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Dynamics AX

If you’re running your business on Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 or 2012, you are no doubt aware that both software products are approaching the end of their life-cycles. Microsoft is ending Mainstream Support for Dynamics AX 2009, Dynamics AX 2012, and AX 2012 R2 this year and for AX 2012 R3 in 2021. That means no more security updates, hotfixes, warranty claims, design changes, features requests, and self-service support. You can purchase extended support. But be aware that extended support for AX 2009, AX 2012, and AX 2012 R2 ends in 2021. For AX 2012 R3, it will be available…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Restore the 't' shortcut for searching/opening an individual ticket!

Prior to the SMA 11 upgrade, we could always type a 't' followed by the ticket number into the search box to open a ticket ('t99999'). That functionality disappeared in the last upgrade, and now we have to wait for the search to come back in order to locate and open a ticket. We have over 70000 tickets, so searching can take quite a while.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Change from dropdown lists to radio buttons

Can we have the ability to change from a dropdown list to radio buttons?
    This would greatly reduce the clicks when categorising tickets.

12 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Script outout in a report/attachment

As an Linux administrator, I find kace as a very useful tool when I want to deploy scripts on multiple servers. However I find very difficult to get the output logs.
    Please make a progress to get the script output in a file, that can be well utilized to get the command/script output report.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Limit number of concurrent file synchronisation tasks

We deploy big files (> 3 GB) to a mass of clients and limit the bandwidth to 500 kb /s.

The "problem" is, that every new client that checks in generates a new file synchronisation task which is running.
    An option in the configuration page of the file synchronisation would we useful to set a limit of concurrent active synchronisation tasks.

Otherwise the clients put the appliance under high pressure...

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 62 63
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base