SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Upgrade software version based on a device's Inventory

It would be helpful if there was a way to have the KACE SMA "upgrade" software based on a device's most recent Inventory. For example, if the Inventory runs and detects an older version of a piece of software that was already uploaded to the SMA (for use in Scripting or Managed Installs), the SMA then performs a managed install to upgrade that software to the uploaded (latest) version on the device.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Managed Install  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. We have both K1000 and K2000, the issue is being able to run MI directly from taskchain

We have both K1000 and K2000, the issue is being able to run MI directly from taskchain. The issue is I need several different taskchains, for new images, number of departments and groups. Each with a different software requirements.
    Causing additional work, making four different places for us to manage, MI, Scripts, Task Chain and imaging server with its own type of MI and Scripting..

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow Managed Installs to finish running when a Network connection drops

We have found an issue with Managed Installs where if the network connection drops for any reason in the middle of executing a Managed install and the kace agent can't talk to the SMA server, the Kace agent will forcefully kill the running install process.
    This has caused a number of our Managed installs to half install causing software to install improperly and fail to run. In some extreme cases this may have caused the OS to become corrupted on the computer forcing us to fully rebuild the computer.
    Some of our software installs like network drivers and VPN does…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Archive Managed Installs

Provide the ability to archive Managed Installs.
    This would help clean up your Managed Install list without deleting installs that may or may not be wanted later.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. file sync

We were trying to deploy standard office templates to all our users to their roaming profile folder. (e.g.C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\PowerPoint)

If the File Sync works on all user profiles with the %username% on a computer It will sync seamlessly.

I was able to achieve the same using script but the file not reach on a computer if it was offline.

I like to perform the same via FileSync for better management.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Bulk Enable/Disable Managed Installations using Choose Action menu in Distribution/Managed Installations

It would be very helpful if managed installations/uninstallations could be enabled/disabled in bulk using the Choose Action dropdown menu.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Multiple version uninstall

We should have the ability to uninstall multiple versions of a program from Managed Installations. When a program becomes EOL like Java and soon Adobe Flash Player, we should be able to uninstall all versions of the program or even uninstall all versions that are less than specified version. Needing to set it to uninstall one version, wait for the number of computers it is installed on to reach zero and then move on to the next version is a big hassle when you had multiple versions approved of a program.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Implement software templates out of the box for managed installs

Add the ability for the SMA to automatically reach out to vendors websites to download software at the click of a button to make managing your software repository easier for the initial installs instead of adding software manually for each software title.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. When deploying MI's, allow a predefined log file that includes target machines

When targeting machine names, instead on naming one by one, why not include an option for a log file that has the target machines in it?
    The way it is now, these targeted machines need to be added to a label, then added to the MI.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Use separate credentials for downloading and installing applications from an alternate location

The current setup allows you to specify what credentials to use to download an installation package from an alternate location. This is helpful for downloading the packages, however, KACE then uses those credentials to attempt to install the package.

The issue is least privileged access. I could easily have a user account setup to only have access to read files on a file share, and then just have KACE install using the system user or a local admin user account. Unfortunately, the current setup requires not only read access to the file share, but also full admin rights on every…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow Managed Deployments to use cloud storage as alternative location

The idea here would be to use cloud storage to offload bandwidth utilization in managed installations. For instance say you have a large deployment package like ArcGIS. Having several users pull these installs at once could heavily impact VPN bandwidth.

Allowing google, microsoft OneDrive, or a similar cloud service to host deployment packages would help offload the bandwidth hit on your VPN.

If the office ISP is different from the users ISP this may also mitigate issues those two ISPs have maintaining stable and effective connections between networks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. .MST Upload in Managed Installation Detail Screen

Its hard to believe that this isn't already in the system. I am aware I can set up a Scripted install to complete this, but wouldn't be better to just upload a .mst file and have the Managed Install handle the formatting of the install command?

It could have a "Browse..." button to upload an .mst file when a .msi file is detected in the associated file section. Yes, two files will be associated to the install, but they can have the same name (ex: installme.msi and installme.mst). When the .msi file is deleted the other would be as well.…

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Managed Install  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Granular permissions. For example, allow staff to modify software version of a managed install but not change label assignment or command

Granular permissions. For example, allow staff to modify software version of a managed install but not change label assignment or command

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Managed Install  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Run Once or Start After Date Schedule

I would like to see a scheduling option to execute on a specific day and time without recurring and/or start the recurring schedule after a certain date. There are instances where scripts, MI's, and Task Chains need to be scheduled for an initial deployment date/time when working with a vendor. This could be strictly a one off event or it could be the start date of when the schedule should begin recurring. As it is now. I will set the schedule to run on a specific day of the year and set a calendar event after that run date to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Native Powershell Integration for Managed Installs

It would be great if powershell was an option for the specified command for a Managed Install.

Currently i have a powershell wrapper used to deploy software, which for myriad reasons i must do with an MI, and not a kscript (online OR offline).

right now i have to use a .bat file to invoke the powershell script, but i'm losing the ability to handle a number of optional parameters because KACE doesn't have this support.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Show the Default Installation

Show the command line for the default install that will run that way you can tweak it if necessary in the Override default installation. What is the "Default installation" if there is a zip file? run all bat files in the zip? or just the 1st one? or Install.bat or setup.bat?

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add installation verification to Managed Installations

We use Managed Installations to deploy software to users, including company-wide distribution. Right now, if I were to disable and turn it back on, it will re-distribute to ALL Users instead of just users that do not yet have the software.

Installation verification is already available in Scripting, please add it to Managed Installs!!!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Reboot required option

On Managed Distribution (install or uninstall), Please have an option that reboot is needed to complete the setup. Users would still be given the alert and snooze options.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Provide ability to remove the option to snooze a managed install

I would like to be able to limit the options a user has when I'm deploying software. Can we get an option to remove a user's snooze ability?

For instance, if I'm rolling out Office 2019, and I tell my user base you have 2 weeks to complete this install, at the end of the 2 weeks, I should be able to change the default actions on the install to only say Install now; remove snooze completely. It could just be a check box that I can set after a point in time where I'm ready to force the software…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. smart label security mechanism

At the moment the Smart Label Function is designed with a "Test" and "Save" - Button. If you want to see, how the amount of clients has been changed, due to the change of your label, you need to click the "Test" Button.

This is the only possiblity to see if you have done an issue or not.

Scenario:
    The IT-Supporter is pretty sure that the change he/she made is only a small one and he/she don't need to click the "Test" Button. He/She directly pressed the "Save" Button. Therefore he/she isn't aware about his failure and the Kace starts…

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base