SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. smart label security mechanism

At the moment the Smart Label Function is designed with a "Test" and "Save" - Button. If you want to see, how the amount of clients has been changed, due to the change of your label, you need to click the "Test" Button.

This is the only possiblity to see if you have done an issue or not.

Scenario:
    The IT-Supporter is pretty sure that the change he/she made is only a small one and he/she don't need to click the "Test" Button. He/She directly pressed the "Save" Button. Therefore he/she isn't aware about his failure and the Kace starts…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Managed Install  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide ability to remove the option to snooze a managed install

I would like to be able to limit the options a user has when I'm deploying software. Can we get an option to remove a user's snooze ability?

For instance, if I'm rolling out Office 2019, and I tell my user base you have 2 weeks to complete this install, at the end of the 2 weeks, I should be able to change the default actions on the install to only say Install now; remove snooze completely. It could just be a check box that I can set after a point in time where I'm ready to force the software…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Reboot required option

On Managed Distribution (install or uninstall), Please have an option that reboot is needed to complete the setup. Users would still be given the alert and snooze options.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please remove the "All devices" option or made it harder to activate in Managed Install

Admin can easily and accidentally deploy a software to all PCs. Why not have a box and you need to type ALL-DEVICES to enable it if that is what you really want. When a PC momentarily freeze and admin is not paying attention, that button is easily clicked on.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Need the ability to import a CSV or TXT file of machine names for label usage

Need the ability to import a CSV or TXT file of machine names for label usage within Managed Installations or Scripting.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Managed Installations notes

Would like to see a "Notes" field to describe the Managed Installation and any particulars for the Install (who created it, why it was created, etc.)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow device exclusion from Managed Install

When you check "All Devices" for a Managed Install, it would be nice if you could exclude certain devices.

For example, we have users which use Adobe Pro, however Adobe Reader is a managed install which will deploy to every computer as every user needs it. However, it overrides Adobe Pro as the default PDF application. So being able to exclude our users which use Adobe Pro would be a nice feature.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Fujitsu PC Support

We have Dell and Fujitsu HW. It would be helpfull, if K1000 supports the Fujitsu HW more. Especially driver- and OS- Installation is to be done in other steps than with the Dell HW. The Dell Integration is very good. If the Fujitsu Integration would be on the same level, our work would be done easier...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. User settable time options for MI/Script

As an admin, I would like to the ability to prompt my end users when they get a prompt for a script or MI to install software, say a Windows 10 build update, that they could be given an option to select a time that they could run it, say at 5 PM when they leave for the day.

In scripting, you could push your jobs out to the end users, and in the script options, give an option to check a box for "Allow User Settable Schedule'. Maybe give options for Run in an hour, run at next shutdown,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Better Managed installation log and tracking

Right now one cannot see if a software has been deployed through an MI or has just been detected as installed. I would like to see better logging for managed installations where the admin can see which devices have performed the MI and when. In case of a failed MI, I would like to see the return code or error without having to go to the agent log

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add new version to software catalog items for managed installs

Managed installs using a software catalog payload instead of inventory software have the huge advantage, that the MI will not be triggered if a newer version is already installed. However attaching an installer package to a SW catalog item requires the exact version to be installed and detected on at least one computer. I would like to have the ability to add a version to an existing sw catalog entry to be able to upload the installer package for an MI.
    Also, when a version where a package has been attached previously is no longer discovered, it is not possible…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Download software BEFORE Notification

Currently Managed Installations currently waits to download package/software when Notify is turned on. Request that once the software is downloaded then the Notify is acted upon. This would be much more efficient and less time consuming for the end user. Especially useful for large software packages.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Edit snooze options under managed installs

I think the ability to edit what snooze times are available under Managed installs would prove very beneficial..

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Managed Install Run As options

Since Run now is available for Managed install. I think there should be deploy As option available just like in scripting. I would like to see Run as Logged-In User. This would allow the admin to choose how they want the install to execute.

Windows Run As:
    Local System
    Logged-in user
    All logged-in users

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Managed Install  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. AutoPKG integration

AutoPKG (https://github.com/autopkg/autopkg) is a popular automation framework for building software packages for distribution. Recipes that could automatically upload DMG files and associate with the correct software title in the database would allow administrators to easily keep their managed installs up to date with the latest installers.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. List Windows 10 OS as a single OS instead of separating by build number

Currently, every new "version" of Windows 10, by whatever identifier KACE is using, shows up as a "different operating system" for purposes of determining which OS to install software on. E.g. the Software Detail for Foocorp Widget lists "Supported Operating Systems" of Win7, Win7 x64, Win8, etc. - and then three separate instances of "Windows 10 Enterprise x64" differentiated by build number, according to KACE Support.

The effect is that with every new build of Win10, all of our software installs break as it's a "new OS" not listed as supported in the software record. Not to mention that pretty…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Managed Install  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Managed Installation Tasks

Options of tasks for :
    1/ Download only package to target devices. (schedule or not)

2/ For install only or download and install. ( schedule or not)

3/ Option for create logs for install with return codes clear :
    Donwload ok = 1 Donwload kO = 0
    Problem of donwload code error = 2 ( Timeout) etc...

4/ Option of alert ...

5/ Option of step of install, install this *.exe/*.msi /
    a : exect this file ins archive first
    b: after install of this file is ok exact this another file in archive file etcc..
    ---

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Managed Installation Notification Message

How can I modify the configuration file for MI notification message? For example, I would like to add additional button called "Cancel" to the notification messages of MI. Also, the finish button should be replaced with the OK button from initial message.

SK

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Managed Install  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Managed Install

The message alert with Managed Install is confusing and needs to be changed.

I am currently setting a Managed Install for Internet Explorer 11, and I am only using the Notify "Alert user before run" setting only, and I put a message in to say Internet Explorer 11 will be installed. Please not a reboot will be required after the installation is complete.

I also selected Timeout "60" minutes, and Action "Install later"

The ISSUE I see is that the message that pops up for the manage install process is that it starts with
    "Snooze Duration"

Why is it saying…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow script to be entered in Managed Install

It would be good if you could pick a Kace script to run before or after a Managed Install as part of the actual Managed Install procedure instead of a script being a completely separate section.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base