SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ScanSnap Updates

I don't know of a way to automatically update the scansnap applications in KACE and I don't know if the vendor allows it. This forces us to log on under our admin accounts and install the software every time an update is pushed out by the vendor. A true nightmare.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Downloads don't download from Replication Servers

When downloading from the user downloads it doesn't download from the replication server, but if you do a managed install or a script it downloads from the replication server at lan speed. This is also true for other sections like the software section under inventory.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More Detailed Notifications when user's download/install apps

When an end user tries to install programs via User Downloads the notifications the user receives to hit OK to install and then when the installation is complete, to hit OK is not very clear. Please consider adding the name of the install package the user clicked on in the notification as well as instructing them to click OK to initiate the installation at the start. As well as the package name in the last notification after the software has been successfully installed. Thank you. I've included print screens of the current 2 notifications that are very generic. Thanks again.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  End User Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Service Desk Default View

Since 11.1 the service desk now defaults to 'All my tickets' which is not what we typically use. It used to stay on whatever was previously selected. Suggesting that this change be reverted to the previous way, or allow service desk users to set their default view. This is become very frustrating to re-set the view every time to manage multiple tickets. We typically use 'All not closed state' for our level 1 helpdesk

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. upload file from agent

Ability to upload a file to the device inventory from the command line using the agent on the client computer. I have a batch job that runs nightly that creates logs. I have to create an additional script to upload the log files. It would be nice if I could perform that step in the batch file itself, than have to coordinate 2 separate tasks, i.e. kinventory.exe -upload <filename>

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Agent  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Microsoft Defender Antivirus - add to patch catalog

"At this time patches for Microsoft Defender Antivirus antimalware platform are not offered in the catalog"

Please do.

15 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Dynamics AX

If you’re running your business on Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009 or 2012, you are no doubt aware that both software products are approaching the end of their life-cycles. Microsoft is ending Mainstream Support for Dynamics AX 2009, Dynamics AX 2012, and AX 2012 R2 this year and for AX 2012 R3 in 2021. That means no more security updates, hotfixes, warranty claims, design changes, features requests, and self-service support. You can purchase extended support. But be aware that extended support for AX 2009, AX 2012, and AX 2012 R2 ends in 2021. For AX 2012 R3, it will be available…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Restore the 't' shortcut for searching/opening an individual ticket!

Prior to the SMA 11 upgrade, we could always type a 't' followed by the ticket number into the search box to open a ticket ('t99999'). That functionality disappeared in the last upgrade, and now we have to wait for the search to come back in order to locate and open a ticket. We have over 70000 tickets, so searching can take quite a while.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Script outout in a report/attachment

As an Linux administrator, I find kace as a very useful tool when I want to deploy scripts on multiple servers. However I find very difficult to get the output logs.
    Please make a progress to get the script output in a file, that can be well utilized to get the command/script output report.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Limit number of concurrent file synchronisation tasks

We deploy big files (> 3 GB) to a mass of clients and limit the bandwidth to 500 kb /s.

The "problem" is, that every new client that checks in generates a new file synchronisation task which is running.
    An option in the configuration page of the file synchronisation would we useful to set a limit of concurrent active synchronisation tasks.

Otherwise the clients put the appliance under high pressure...

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow User Variable in Service Desk Custom Field Query

I'd like to query the USERFIELDVALUE table where FIELD_ID = '1' for the specific User submitting the ticket. This is just like the update query in Service Desk rules where you can specify a variable that pulls the ticket numbers from the select query, but would be for the currently logged in user (USER.ID = <USER>).

For example:

query: SELECT DISTINCT(FIELDVALUE) FROM USERFIELDVALUE WHERE FIELDID = '1' AND USER.ID = USERFIELDVALUE.USER_ID AND USER.ID = <USER>

18 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. We would be interested in restricting "Owners" from being able to change the "Owner" field in a ticket.

We are interested in restricting "Owners" from being able to change the "Owner" field in a ticket.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Execute scripts in groups of targets at a time

I have a script to deploy software using a smart label which contains several hundred targets. I would like to run this script one time but have the option of executing the task in groups of n targets at a time to avoid overwhelming our network with the payload if it were to execute concurrently.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remove login from support.quest.com knowledge base

It's annoying not having any of the KB articles indexed by Google and requiring login every time I want to search a the online KB. What is the point of locking this down? It is so frustrating that I break the pencil that I'm holding. Remove the login, it is not top secret information!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Knowledge Base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add an option to schedule the User Satisfaction Survey

Add an option to schedule the User Satisfaction Survey instead of having it send directly after a ticket is closed. Currently having it send out after the ticket is closed, many users will get a survey before seeing a "Ticket Closed" email. For some users, this can be a little confusing. Adding a scheduling option would give administrators the option of fixing this issue and also maybe have a set date to send them out on if desired.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fix Logo Display on Login Screen

At present (v11.1), and since at least version 6, KACE SMA offers the option to upload a Console Logo used on both the login screen and the upper left of the console after login.

No matter the dimensions of the image you use, the logo is reduced to ~58 px tall in the console; this behavior preserves the logo's aspect ratio, and there is no abnormal distortion.

However, on the login page, there is a fixed-height CSS value set for the logo, which stretches or shrinks the image to 300 pixels tall. The width is a relative value of 100%…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. User notification of pending patches

We have a lot of remote users that don't always connect to the network on patch night. We have them patch on next connection. It would be nice if they would get a notification of how many patches they have installing.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Fix Date Sorting in Knowledge Base

Created and Modified Date sorting within the Knowledge Base section of KACE SMA sorts the columns as strings rather than dates. This is very inconvenient when trying to review recently modified articles.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Knowledge Base  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. node.js

Add Node.js Foundation as a Publisher for Application Patches in Security --> Patch Management --> Subscriptions so node.js patches will be available for KACE patching, detection, stage and deployment.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Can we get a variable to show CC List in the Customize Tickets Config

Would be useful to have a variable to represent the CC List field for use in customizing response emails (ex. Like $summary or $ticket_status)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 62 63
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base