SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Additional end-user options for patch installs

I would like to be able to give my users the flexibility to schedule installs of patches at a time that suits them ... for example, when the popup appears on the client PC, offer them a range of options such as:
    -- install now
    -- remind me in 1 hour
    -- remind me at 11:00am
    -- install when I next shut down

743 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    42 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature was initially slated to fit within the 9.1 release; however, due to development efforts, it needed to be deferred until a later release (with that most likely being 10.0).

I believe Ken had inadvertently marked this as Complete by mistake, and we apologize for the confusion.

2. Custom ticket fields for specific Category

I would like to see a way to create a custom field in service desk that only shows up when a user chooses a specific topic. We have a few applications that our employees use that we want specific information about when they open a ticket for that application such as the part of the application they were in when the issue occurred. This way we can run reports to see how often issues in a specific part of the software are occurring.

I would like to see this so we can get the information we need without having unnecessary…

432 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Parent tickets to pass fields to child tickets

Allow Parent tickets to pass information to child ticktes in a process (workflow). eg, if creating a new user you would want to pass the user name, dept, phone etc from the partent ticket to other departments involved in the new user creation. Currently these have to be re-typed in each child ticket.

408 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Provide option for logs to go to syslog server. Eliminate need to download logs for IA compliance.

Eliminate need to download logs for long term storage as needed for IA compliance.

257 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Appliance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add support for Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) to the User Portal (i.e. implement a Shibboleth SP)

Please add support for Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) OASIS standard to the K1000 User Portal and Administrator Interface by including the Shibboleth2-sp FreeBSD port in the K1000 appliance.

Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) is an OASIS open standard for federated authentication and authorisation which is increasingly widely supported by academic institutions, online journals and industry partners (https://www.oasis-open.org/standards#samlv2.0). It is particularly suited to the move to cloud hosted solutions and Software as a Service (SaaS) where identity management and desktop management may be provided by separate organisations. In addition it allows true Single Sign On for locally and…

250 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Single-Sign-On  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Dell KACE integrated Remote Control Solution

Dell KACE likes to tout integration with Bomgar and other various remote support utilities making it more or less remote support agnostic. Integration is good and fine, but why not have a built in remote support option that allows an end user to request remote support immediately when they log a ticket? Many of the products in KACE competes with come with their own remote support solution that works with the same agent used for management. It would make sense that KACE have the same while allowing integration for those set on a specific product.

193 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Remote Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Asset Permissions

Updated Asset Permission to where buttons at buttom of asset can be added or removed based on job requirements, etc.

For example: If employee only make updates to assigned assets but does not have rights to delete make permissions to remove Delete Button in assigned role or make it grayed out.

117 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  9 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Provide Database schema

I would like to have a schema of the K1000 / K2000 databases to facilitate the creation of reports with external tools.

62 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Asset management needs to display more than 6 columns of data. We currently have need for 9-10 columns to list everything on the screen.

Asset management needs to display more than 6 columns of data. We currently have need for 9-10 columns to list everything on the screen.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Dean Wade responded

Customizable list views will be part of the 6.0 release late this year.

10. Limit access to report categories and asset types by role or user label

I would like to limit access to report categories and asset types by role or user label. For example, we have a vehicle maintenance queue. We have vehicles as assets and we have reports for those vehicles. My vehicle maintenance guy doesn't need be able to see and modify the IT assets or reports, he just needs to see and modify his vehicle assets. Also, he doesn't need to be able to see the IT reports, just reports for his vehicles.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Better Alert Scheduling

Under Reports/Alerts, it would be nice if the scheduling were better. As it is now, you can only schedule an alert to run every day or once a week. It would be nice if you could schedule an alert bi-weekly, monthly, yearly, etc.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  3 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Managed Install Scheduling

I would love to see the ability to set a more specific deployment schedule for the managed installs. Make it like the patch deployment scheduling where you can pick certain day(s) of the week, specific time of day, specific date & time, etc. We have many machines that can only have software deployed to them at specific times and this would help automate that process.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Managed Install  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Online Kscripts - Add 'Run on next connect if Offline'.

Online Kscripts - Add 'Run on next connect if Offline'. Many times a system goes offline when a scheduled script was supposed to run. Adding in this feature would insure that machine still ran the script. Currently we are always troubleshooting, "Is scripting broken?", versus "Did konductor NOT assign the machine the script". If we had this feature we could focus on machines that have a broken scripting mechanism.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Correct "Move to Queue" sort order when in ticket detail

Make sort order for "Move to Queue" and "New Ticket From Queue" consistent. Currently queues are listed in alphabetical order on the ticket listing page. However, when in the ticket detail page, the "Move to Queue" list is not sorted alphabetically.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. K1000 Software Library for Mac & Auto-Filtering

Any end-users would like to be empowered to use K1000 software library for installing any software on either Windows or Mac system without required admin privilege. I found that K1000 software library supports only Windows. K1000 software library needs to support Mac, too.

In addition, the auto filter depending on what machine they are running needs to be added to K1000 software library. For example, end-user is logged onto Mac system, then, K1000 software library needs to provide only Mac apps by auto-filtering.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Managed Install  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Drill Down Based On Labels

It would be nice if you could choose an option that instead of using the labels to be completely inclusive you can use the labels to be more exclusive. For instance, you could use a label for Windows XP machines and then another label for machines that have Firefox 3.x installed. Instead of having to make a brand new label for windows xp machines with firefox installed you could use both in conjunction to drill down to what you're looking for. This would allow you to create more broad labels that could be used over and over again.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  0 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I would like the ability to limit a user to viewing only certain queues without removing their ability to submit tickets to that queue.

Limit user access to queues without limiting their ability to submit tickets to that queue. We have 3 queues and I do not want the user of the third queue viewing the tickets in the other 2 queues (unless it is a ticket this person submitted). Thanks.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Dean Wade responded

Over the next few releases, we will be implementing Role Based Access controls.

18. Ability to schedule Import Assets

Can K1000 have an ability to scheduled Import Assets?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Asset Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base