SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remote wipe functionality for lost or stolen machines.

If a machine is reported lost or stolen, KBox should be able to implement a secure wipe function.

362 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    10 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

The KACE Cloud MDM product added the ability to “Factory Reset” Mac (only) devices in August, 2019. We will continue to work towards this for Windows in 2020. KACE Cloud MDM is seamlessly integrated with KACE SMA.

2. Add a "take this ticket" button

I would love an option, in the help desk queue, to take a ticket without having to check the box then going to "choose action" -> "reasign to" -> and then choosing myself. A "take this ticket" button beside unassigned tickets would be wonderful.

287 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Scripting in KBOX

Would like to be able to create a group for scripts. Currently have 200 scripts in KBOX and growing daily. For example i would like to be able to create a Group called printers and have all my printer scripts in that group. This way i am not scrolling through 200+ scripts to find what i need.

267 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Scripting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. User Portal - Customized Background Color

Allow the customer to get change Background color for UserPortal Welcome Screen and Admin Welcome Screen.

Simple as that...

210 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  13 comments  ·  End User Portal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. recurring tickets or tasks like outlook tasks

good day,
    I was wondering if there is a way to create recurring tasks in K1000 e.g. dusting off shipping PC's. or remind head of departments to bring their laptops for quarterly check.
    thx -

194 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  12 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Email - create processes

This would allow an email to spawn a process similar to how it can spawn a ticket.

193 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  15 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Pre-staging of patches

To increase our patching run rates and to better manage network bandwidth, we’d like the ability to pre-stage required patches on systems and kick off the installation at a designated time; preferably, the appliance tells the agent to start its patching cycle at the designated time (especially for devices off-network like laptops).

It's my understanding that staging doesn't occur with just a detect; the updates are only copied down during the deploy phase.

168 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Service Desk: Show attached emails and embedded images

Current issue/state:

When tickets are created via email and contain an attached mail this attachment is not shown - not even as downloadable attachment.

Same behavior is when Images are embedded into an html mail sent to Service Desk.

Desired functionality:

Please allow at least a file download of the eml/mime file so the content a ticket creator is referring to isn't going to get lost.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Speed up offboard backup SFTP transfers

KACE support has confirmed the SMA is limited to a transfer rate of approx 10-11 MB/s when offboarding backups via SFTP. This needs to be fixed so we can transfer at appropriate, faster speeds (much closer to 1000mbps on a gigabit LAN connection). See support ticket 4688470 for details.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Backups  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. reverse proxy

Supporting a reverse proxy setup or providing guidance on how to set up a reverse proxy for the K1000 would be very beneficial for added security. The setup would be something like this:

K1000 appliance on the internal network behind a firewall
    A reverse proxy on the DMZ (e.g. IIS 8 with ARR)

Currently trying to set this up is a huge headache and I'm running into all sorts of issues and problems. It would be better from a security standpoint if the K1000 sat behind a reverse proxy.

A specific use case would be when an organization has an…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have targetted the KACE Systems Management Appliance (SMA) to be able to run in the DMZ in two phases. In SMA 11.0, you will use a new, KACE designated port to perform all communications through the KACE secure Konea tunnel. In SMA 11.1, you will be allowed to choose your own port.

11. Allow configuration of ports

Inbound ports 443 and 80 are already in use at the public IP address where our K1000 is in a DMZ. I need to be able to change the listening ports on the K1000 and the ports used by the agents to something else.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have targetted the KACE Systems Management Appliance (SMA) to be able to run in the DMZ in two phases. In SMA 11.0, you will use a new, KACE designated port to perform all communications through the KACE secure Konea tunnel. In SMA 11.1, you will be allowed to choose your own port.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base