SMA (K1000)

Please tell us how you’d like to see the Systems Management Appliance product improved!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow a user to patch on demand

It would be great if end users could initiate patching. Right now they can OK or Snooze a patching message, but are not notified again until the snooze interval is up. Right now we have that set at 60 minutes. But if a user is heading to a meeting, it would be great to allow them to begin patching when they leave their desk.

928 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    23 comments  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are excited to announce that version 11.0 of the KACE Systems Management Appliance (SMA) is almost ready for the Beta/Release Candidate program. This release will contain the feature you requested. If you are interested in participating in the Beta/Release Candidate program, please send an email to the Team with “Patching Options” in the subject to:

KACE_BETA@quest.com
  2. Kagent: Show icon on client machine (with info)

It would be great to have an option to show the kagent icon on the system tray on client machines (with an indicator show connected/disconnected).

If the user double clicks on it, it should show information about what managed job is scheduled and for when and what jobs were sent to it (mini history).

This would help local techs to provide better end user management/troubleshooting.

It wouldn't hurt to also provide (when double clicked on the icon) a window that shows a list of authorized apps (software library) that can be installed by the end user.

284 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Agent  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make screenshots and attachments to ticket available in notification email

Our technicians (who are usually working remotely with no access to the helpdesk) receive an email when a new ticket comes in, however the screenshot that is usually included with the ticket is not attached to the email. We want Kbox to attach the screenshot to the ticket update email so our technicians can see what the problem is without logging into the Kbox.

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Service Desk  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Agent authentication

Agent needs authentication parameters. This will allow remote machines to securely check in without first VPN'ing into the network. If you open your KBox up to the Internet now to allow remote agents to check in then any machine with the Kbox agent can check in to your server - a major security breach. I want this to know the status of remote computers. I would not expect to push installs since a WAN link could not handle large files.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Agent  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are excited to announce that version 11.0 of the KACE Systems Management Appliance (SMA) is almost ready for the Beta/Release Candidate program. This release will contain the feature you requested. If you are interested in participating in the Beta/Release Candidate program, please send an email to the Team with “Agent Authentication” in the subject to:

KACE_BETA@quest.com
  5. Patching Status Dashboard Single Pane of Glass

Please create a patch management dashboard that would allow us to quickly view the patching status of all the machines. Such as so many machines are 100% patched. These machines have errors with patching. Compliance per patch. Patches detected but not downloaded. Machines pending reboot. Even a section for just for logged errors throughout the entire patching process. When we see machines with errors let us select them and try to force the patches at that time. I think we need more single panes of glass throughout the Kace appliance but patching is most crucial.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Patch Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Search LABEL from middle of string

Under Managed Install, Scripts, where is need select LABEL, It is not possible search label from middle of string, only way is from beginning of label name.
    Have you plan to improve search of labels?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Managed Install  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Navigation Menu - pop-out when hidden instead of unhide on navigation

I would love to use the hide Nav Menu feature, it would improve crucial horizontal screen real estate, but I never do because every time I click on something in the menu it just un-hides it.

It would be markedly better if when toggled hidden the menu just stayed hidden and becomes a pop-out instead. This functionality isn't new, may sites do this. KACE's "View by:" also does something similar though has overlapping issues.

I brought this up at the last conference.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  UX  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This issue may be fixed in the next major release. The plan is to let you click (without expanding) to get to any dashboard page, and it will remember the fact that you’ve hidden the main nav panel when you get to the next page. However, I believe you may be asking specifically for a “hover” functionality which would auto-show the nav (and hide it). Please let me know if what we are planning does not meet your needs so we can change it back from “started” status and re-release the votes

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base