How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

Asset - Ability to do bulk edits

From within the Asset tab be able to select multiple assets and then assign a value such as "Move all my assets into the location X"

350 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Andrew shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Recent upgrades to the SMA have included new built-in asset fields like "asset status" and "assignee name," but you can't edit these fields in bulk--yet.

• Mark H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We've just done a major exercise in mapping out all our asset locations. The easy part was going around recording everything, the biggest headache was updating the assets in KACE. A bulk feature would be really good and make like a lot easier.

• Erik Carlsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like a way to update a large number of unrelated machines status. For instance a spreadsheet of decommissioned assets could be imported and update all the assets to "Decommissioned" status

• Adam Martin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a huge feature. My worst nightmare is bulk editing assets (especially Licenses, it takes FOREVER).

• Tim Dagan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must, we like to map our assets to location. This would turn hours of work into minutes.

• William Melton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also have the ability to do bulk imports of non-ldap users to the system, not just import of LDAP user. if you are "not allowing unknown users to send to Kace box"

• Stuart Millar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had requested this separately via Kace support before seeing this entry on the voting list. Would really find this very useful!

• Lee Frith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must for 5.3 server update. uploading csv files is just silly - there needs to be a way to easily bulk edit assets (like every other enterprise inventory suite currently out there).

• Tom S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Or improve export / import of assets...

1. Currently the new 5.2 export to CSV is pretty useless if a asset has more than 6 fields, as only the browser displayed fields are exported. This MUST be changed to export ALL fields for an asset. Current workaround is to use a report to generate CSV.

2. After editing an exported asset CSV, the import process is slow and painful since one must manually correlate the columns in the file with columns in the kbox asset description.

To better deal with both problems above, I suggest exporting as XML or other self describing format, so the import only requires one click to upload the file.

Import must also have a method to delete assets.

Feedback and Knowledge Base