How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

Resolution text on Closed Ticket emails

Add ability to include the "Resolution" text to a 'Closed Ticket' email.

When users get an email that their ticket has been closed, they expect to see the resolution in the body of the email. "Resolution" is not listed as something that can be included in the notification. This would be a helpful addition.

235 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jenk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Nick Buonpastore responded  · 

This is under consideration but not planned for the next release. Please continue voting if you’d like to see this feature prioritized for a future release.

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jack Senesap commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I ran out of votes but we need this or the ability to have the Resolution emailed to anyone not just the ticket submitter.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

ours does this...part of the text we include says "resolution text changed from "" to "resolution as entered"

or did you mean something like a change inm the SUBJECT line? "ticket resolved"

• Michael McNally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Getting the resolution included in emails is already achievable, but I have the same question as mwaters. Our previous ticket system required a resolution be entered prior to closing the ticket. Now we have some tickets closed without any resolution text entered, and some closed with a resolution but no comment. I'm curious how others are using this field, and how they are enforcing that usage?

• Drew Dalton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add this to your ticked closed notification

TITLE: $ticket_title
        RESOLUTION: $ticket_resolution

• mwaters4 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

can someone please explain to me the benefit of using the resolution field vs strictly using comments and work notes? I cant seem to find where it really is beneficial to do so.
        Thanks!

• Carl Sundermann commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jenk, I was at the Kace Konference this last week and they talked about this coming in one of the upcoming releases.

As a side note, we actually do have this working already. We had to work directly with support and they wrote some custom SQL for us to be able to achieve this.

• Jenk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Lauren. I still don't have this working, I have given up on it and use the comments section for resolutions. I opened another ticket on it but they closed it and sent me an old forum link with a bunch of other people attempting the same thing, but with no resolution.

Hopefully this will be added in the future, its a huge oversight to not include a resolution on a support ticket.

• Lauren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A difficult work around is to create a custom rule that queries tickets WHERE Status = Closed and Resolution is NOT NULL, then it takes you to a screen where you can send the email on "Ticket Save" and check the box "Send an email for each result row ". Email Column is SUBMITTER_EMAIL and in the body of the email type $resolution in order to display the resolution.

• Ken W commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important to me and my users. They've indicated to me that they feel the ticket has been prematurely closed and they didn't get the info they needed. I can send the ticket via email manually, but those emails are too verbose.

Feedback and Knowledge Base