How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

Helpdesk - Chat and Machine Status

If the service desk could talk to the amp connection status of machines to allow it to show if a machine is online. (Provided someone had submitted from the webui on a machine the inventory recognised) Once the helpdesk recognised that a machine was online, allow the browsing of a ticket to open a chat session with the kace client for quicker resolution of issues. Have the chat log added to the ticket upon closure of the session.

226 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Colin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Nick Buonpastore responded  · 

This is under consideration but not planned for the next release. Please continue voting if you’d like to see this feature prioritized for a future release.

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sharon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm thinking along the lines of users who have a problem and their ticket is not getting resolved to their satisfaction, can they initiate a Chat like we can online with vendors who are selling a product? The user logs into the KACE ticket system and initiates a Chat support session or asks for one and when an agent becomes available they get into a live chat.

Thanks.

• J. Vokes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love to see that feature added in future upgrades. We depend a lot on Kace in our environment from ticketing, driver updates, application pushing, and inventory control. That feature makes perfect sense to add as an addition, and would definitely be used by our organization.

• Keith K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're looking to introduce a chat support solution in our organization and would prefer to use the already customer facing K1000. There's a few applications already in existence that can be purchased and implemented, but we'd rather keep the support within KACE and provide chat through a portal they're already familiar with (Dell KACE K1000). Thank you for your consideration.

• Chris Henning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am using google chat/hangouts to complete a lot of helpdesk tickets. I would great to be able to open ticket and document chat info into ticket.

• Angelia Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A live chat option (even 1-time paid) would be extremely helpful - chat sessions allow multi-tasking and also record the questions/responses for possible placement in the KB later

• Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE PLEASE, i have created my own web chat for students and staff would be better in KACE

• Bfraser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really could use this Feature!!!! a must have 3 votes from me, even if it could just tie into Communicator/lynx

• Lee Frith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

integrated chat would be nice - if kace never integrates a solution like ultravnc into their product (which has a built in chat feature). But since they probably will integrate ultravnc in 2015, a kace chat in the mean time sounds easy an nice.

Feedback and Knowledge Base