How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

HelpDesk - Ability to merge tickets from summary view

The ability to merge tickets or create quick parent/child relationships from the summary view of the current view would be extremely helpful. It would save a lot of time and be easier to navigate.

647 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Colin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Nick Buonpastore responded  · 

This is under consideration but not planned for the next release, Please continue voting if you’d like to see this feature prioritized for a future release.

44 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kari commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, I have been waiting for this feature for a LONG time. I have been with KACE for 4 years. I give up. I am moving to a solution that works and doesn't take customer suggestions for granted. There are good features with this solution, but it takes too long to implement basic suggestions like the one mentioned here.

• Nathan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please, Please, Please..........listen to your users! This should be considered standard functionality for a user initiated ticketing system. I used Spiceworks for years before moving to KACE 2 years ago and it did this flawlessly.

• Darra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously?! This has been a known issue for over 3 years and still nothing added. Gentlemen when the free software market has more features than the one you are trying to sell - that is an ominous state of affairs for a business.

• R Avilla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a pretty basic function in a ticket system and has been known since 2014. Hopefully this becomes a higher priority.

• Mark D. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Adding a vote too, but this is something that is still needed regardless of Parent Child. Sometimes, another user is CC'd on a request and they turn around and forward it in too with more info. If merging existed, all data would get consolidated into a single workflow.

Both functions have a place but ticket merging would save redundant actions for such occasions.

• Jack Senesap commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any chance this will be implemented? I am really trying to convince our department to keep using Kace ticketing system.

• Jack Senesap commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I ran out of votes but agree with this. Sometimes duplicate tickets are submitted and different comments. Instead of having to create a parent child ticket for the same thing, I would rather be able to merge them quick into 1 ticket.

• Javier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this issue. we are considering going back to spiceworks because such an easy feature is missing in your servicedesk.

• Shane Busa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We get all these duplicate tickets generated by email CC replies (another issue) and can't even merge them into one ticket. Why hasn't this been implemented already? This is a BASIC service desk function.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is not in the 6.4 beta release.

I agree with everyone here that this feature is a must have for helpdesk. There are free helpdesk ticketing solution (Spiceworks) that has this feature.

• Kevin Fox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still my number one requirement for improvement to the whole K1000 appliance. Helpdesk is the most important function for which we use it, and I see the update from the KACE team is nearly a year old. How about in 6.4 or 7.0? Any helpdesk system worth talking about has this feature. It's pretty sad that after all these years it's still "under consideration."

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very helpful as we have many users who won't reply to the ticket email and will just send another email to the help desk, which in turn creates another ticket.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base