How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

Helpdesk - Tiered administration and user rights

Teired administration would be good as a built in ability. Ie, instead of having to create a helpdesk ticket rule to allow people to close other owners jobs, have a teired system where higher level admins have this ability without having to assign the job to themselves and close, or setup a rule.
This could work for things like category changes also, ie, only higher level admins can set specific categories stopping T1 staff from selecting a server category when it would require approval first before being escallated.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Colin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mary commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be considered as a highly needed enhancement of the service desk. Service Desk Users and Admin roles should be able to close/cancel tickets owned by others.

We work off distribution groups for our teams (ticket owners). A group gets notified instead of an individual. Many times tickets get cancelled or closed out by someone within that group for various reasons (whether someone resolved it out of the office and needs the ticket updated/closed or considered a duplicate of another, etc...) without the need to assign it to themselves first. We had to write a rule where it allows anyone with the roles of service desk user or admin to close/cancel a ticket as a work around.

• Sandi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now I have other departments that are using Kbox to input their tickets and using the TSC to take their calls on new tickets and input but they want total control of assigning their tickets to the proper technicians. IT does not want outside departments to see all the tickets so that requires me to create another queue. I had to create a queue for a department of 3 people. That is really a waste of my time and there should be an easier way to do this. Tech support has told me there is no other way to do this and let them manage their own tickets.

Feedback and Knowledge Base