How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

Allow the use of label groups for deployment and ACLs

Label groups cannot currently be used for anything other than organizing multiple labels. I would like the ability to utilize label groups for deployments and setting ACLs more easily.

19 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
jcosta shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • KeithM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having the ability to add a label group to deployments would be fantastic. That way it would be possible to organise labels into groups, as we already can, and then rather than having to add all separate labels to the deployment of a script just add the label group that contains all the required labels.

• Craig Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find the Lab Groups lacking. If I can assign label groups to computers then I can nest various labels into a group and add the group(s) to a computer instead of adding tons of labels to a machine.

• Colin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

jcosta,
    Just a quick heads up. If you assign each machine a user (add a user field to the asset and voila) you could control your scripted installs to specific users assigned to the machines by calling vbs files that instigate an sql query and query to ensure that the current user is the one that is set to it.
    For instance, we use this method to, during imaging, set the local admin user to the assigned user, and on certain scripts to only (even though they can see them) run if the user fields match. Might help you work a solution for now.
    Cheers,
    Col

• jcosta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have 6 primary label groups. Inside those label groups are IP and Hostname based labels for computers. I need to be able to assign ACLs to those groups to prevent the wrong folks monkying with machines that aren't theirs and potentially deploying things to those groups instead of adding each label individually.

Thanks!

Feedback and Knowledge Base