How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

Email - create processes

This would allow an email to spawn a process similar to how it can spawn a ticket.

156 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    James Stock shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Nick Buonpastore responded  · 

This is under consideration but not planned for the next release. Please continue voting if you’d like to see this feature prioritized for a future release.

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nick Kameron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Another request for this. We have a custom form application we built in-house that generates an email but the manual step of having to log into the Kbox and convert to a process is holding us up from completely automating this.

• Khan Mohammad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm sure there have been multiple releases since this post. Was this ever implemented? I would like to utilize this method as well.

• Kevin Laroche commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be greatly beneficial for a process i'm developing that extracts information during the account request process and scripts it via the email triggers to kace. Without this I can simply rewrite my script to email individual tickets in a queue but this, of course, isn't ideal.

• Doug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to automate a process using an email sent from a SharePoint form, with a customized subject line. It seems like this should be an easy step for Kace to just convert a ticket to a process, I am surprised it is not possible.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be useful when request need to split into two or more different tickets to their respected IT department. Such as in hiring request or termination request.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with cad@aecc.net. there should be a switch that can be added to an email subject line for the queue email address that would create a process ticket, instead of a regular ticket.

• zgillette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a really good idea, especially when trying to automate tickets even more. I am trying to automate with the HRIS system at my company, but it seems that it may not be a great idea to use a process, since the HR team will have to touch the KACE system just to kick it off. I would rather have the entire thing automated.

• Cad@aecc.net commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like it should already function since all of the tools are there - just not the automation. You can create a ticket by email and then manually convert it to a process. There just needs to be a trigger - like subject or something - to add this step.

Feedback and Knowledge Base