How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

Allow categorization of software library titles

For organizations that only allow users to install software from the KACE software library, there should be a way to categorize software into folders or something similar. This would allow the software library to stay organized and reduce clutter for end users to look through when trying to install software on their PC.

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Chris Leitch shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Darrell F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I completely agree with the folders idea. I have a bunch of SL items that can easily get missed by the users, unless I am using some naming schema my audience can understand.

• Geoffrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree - software library should do an OS check and then only show MAC or Windows titles available based on OS. Using folders/tabs and being able to add security groups or labels to those tabs could help limit software to specific users/machines.

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see machine labels applied to software library items so that we can apply "MAC" or "Windows" labels and if a user logs in from a MAC they only see applicable software... same for Windows.

• Colin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be nice if this went into the KB Articles also, being able to categorize articles based on software title or other particular topics (not just the column which people never read).

Software library configurable into groups like 'drivers', 'creative software' etc? Got my vote!

Feedback and Knowledge Base