How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

Results of scripts that are scheduled should also be aggregated and "reported" like run now scripts

When scripts are scheduled to be deployed at a later time, the results are not reported like scripts that are deployed using the "run now".

Change the tab "Run Now Status" to "Scheduled/Run Now Status" and then report the results of scheduled script deployments there as well.

113 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Roy Shishido shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • James Hanson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unfortunately I cannot use the schedule feature if I cannot view reports, it is essential that I can see which devices the script has failed / succeeded on, reporting on scheduled scripts needs to be available!

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This has been a missing since the 6.x and was really a very useful tool, would LOVE to see it return in some form.
    Trying to determine which systems failed to complete or run scheduled scripts can be painful in the current state.

• Craig Andersen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be definitely a very useful status. Currently, i am creating an MI and script to track the progress. This will work when using MI inside of a script. But when running scripts to reboot 1000's of machines, we lose visibility with creating queries to look into the history of every machine. OR forcing inventory to update the last reboot. Perhaps enhancing scripts to update inventory after completion would be a better solution.

• Alex Shafer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a major downfall. Currently we would rather have someone wake up in the wee hours of the morning than just schedule a script so that we have easily identifiable results. Please improve this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be very handy since all my scripts run after hours with no reports available or customized to report the status or each script run status whether failed to deploy, failed execute or successful execute by machine.

• Andrew Brodbeck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps as a temporary work around, support could provide a report (via sql statement or otherwise) to provide this functionality until a permanent solution can be implemented.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be a good idea. Right now there is no way than checking every single logs in the inventory. This is not really efficient when you manage 500 computers and more!

• Tom Howell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rename both the run now and the run now status tab to Jobs and Job Status tab. the Job page can have a schedule area just like the scripts do and all online scripts can be jobs.

Online kscripts will no longer have scheduling just a list of jobs that are scheduled and add remove buttons. the add button will lead you to the jobs tab (old run nowtab) with your script selected from the scripts list.

Feedback and Knowledge Base