How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

Custom ticket fields for specific Category

I would like to see a way to create a custom field in service desk that only shows up when a user chooses a specific topic. We have a few applications that our employees use that we want specific information about when they open a ticket for that application such as the part of the application they were in when the issue occurred. This way we can run reports to see how often issues in a specific part of the software are occurring.

I would like to see this so we can get the information we need without having unnecessary fields on general tickets.

394 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dane Holman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Nick Buonpastore responded  · 

This is under consideration but not planned for the next release. Please continue voting if you’d like to see this feature prioritized for a future release.

25 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love this feature to help reduce reliance on third-party apps (sharepoint/indesign) to draft custom form collection properties for specific request types.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're looking to replace a change management process and would require conditional options and forms to avoid screen clutter and avoid using 75+ queues for all the separate options required.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this really still not a thing? I would love to have different custom fields display based upon Category type.

• John Zarate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Conditional fields seem pretty easy, if you can create a parent type field that links to same asset type then parent field to the same field type? Just a thought.

• Van Jones commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature request is incredibly important to us. We love the other features in the appliance, but the shortcomings in Service Desk are forcing us to consider moving away from Kace. We are long time Kace customers, but we have waited too long for features like this that already exist in other products.

• Drew Dalton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If custom fields are too hard, give ability to insert editable text templates into ticket. We use templates often in Sysaid, especially for new hires.
        I also strongly agree with users new ticket save button saying "SUBMIT" with the action being save and list.

• Drew Dalton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In Sysaid you can add or edit a description template.
        When a new service request is opened in this category, this template will populate the description field automatically.
        The template will be applied to the subtree of the current category.

• Cindy Kwan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to have the ability to change editing access, visibility, and requirement of fields based on a value in another field.

• Jason Swank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Indeed! This is exactly what we need and what you would see in other Service desk applications. The ability to tree fields (sub-categories/fields) based upon certain selections. This would then hide the unused fields and keep the amount of queue's down.

• Brandee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It'd be nice to have conditional functionality within the ticket layout portion of a queue. It would cut down on queue/process clutter and options within a ticket.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see this also, specifically the ability to make specific fields required based on which category was chosen.

• JRoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, however i would like to add that more custom fields would be required. For example, if the new hire category is selected, i'd like a custom field for Department, Manager, Role Assignment (Title), etc... that is 3 custom fields. If the category for "program A is missing a location for archived files" is selected i need a custom field for "File number in question". Another custom field. and so on. So in addition to this request i would also as that the custom fields gets bumped up from 15 to perhaps 30+

• Sandi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be nice if it said submit instead of save. We have users that not only click on save and list and create multiple tickets but we have users who click on save and don't think the ticket has been submitted to us, they only think that it has been saved for them. Submit a ticket would be a nice feature for the person submitting the ticket and possibly keep the save and save and list options for the technicians actually working on the tickets.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base