How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

Make smart labels Contextual

When building a smart label, queries are done independant of each other. So If I make a label that says look for This program and this version, it will check the full mahcine inventory for that software, and then check the full inventory for that version number. Instead, it should only check the version number of the software I selected. This cause issues when more then one program has the same version number as another you want to check for.
Example. A machine has 32bit java version X and 64bit java version Y. I want to see if a machine has 64bit java and it it is NOT version X. Then the smart label will find is has 64bit java in the software inventory and the version X from the 32bit Java, and then will not apply the label.

14 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Chris Jorgensen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Trey Wetzel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature. We were actually under the impression that this was already an essential, functioning part of smart labels when we bought the product. It seems like everyone would expect this feature to be present.

I need to know which machines have product A, and out of that selection, which ones have Product A with a version < X. NOT which machines have product A and then on top of that, which machines have any piece of software in their library with a version less than X.

Feedback and Knowledge Base