How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

Email group on unassigned ticket creation

Create an easy way to notify a group (ex. all ticket owners) by email when a new ticket is created and is unassigned.
It seems like this should have been included by default without having to create a complex custom ticket rule.

203 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jeremiah McLean shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AdminKen Galvin (Admin, Quest KACE) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Note that this was mistakenly statused as "Completed in SMA v8.0 - Generally Available 11/14/2017." In fact, it was not added. A similar request will be added in SMA v 9.0 this summer. Here are the details on that request:
        • Receive an email when a ticket is submitted to a Queue in which you are an owner so that you can be notified that there is a ticket that may require your attention.
        • Receive an email notification when you create a new ticket via the User Portal
        • Add a new email template for a "New ticket" created event which can be sent to one or more of the following users - Submitter, Approver, Ticket CC, Category CC
        • Add a new recipient field for "Queue Owner" which allows this email template to be sent to all Owners in the Queue in which the new ticket was submitted

My sincere apologies for providing wrong information.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Although that is great that it was in this release! It would be great if technician's would get notified, or CC'd users if a new ticket is created, not just the person who submitted the ticket. For that reason, I am still adding upvotes to this thread.

• Devin Meade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To me this should be built in from the start. Why is emailing the helpdesk upon a new ticket a custom setup? Really?

• Abdul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how to pull AD login name(which is stored in USER_NAME in USER table)
        in help desk page.. is there any variables or queries to do so? when user creates ticket, I want to pull his/her USER_NAME value before of after ticket is created

• Abdul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how to pull AD login name(which is stored in USER_NAME in USER table)
        in help desk page.. is there any variables or queries to do so?

• Drew Dalton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This works for me. kacenotifications is a distribution list.
        Select 'kacenotifications@company.com' as SUPPORT, HD_TICKET.ID as ID, HD_TICKET.TITLE as Issue, S.FULL_NAME as Submitter, HD_TICKET.CREATED as Created, ST.NAME as status_Name, C.NAME as CATEGORY, O.FULL_NAME as Owner
        FROM HD_TICKET
        JOIN USER S ON (S.ID = HD_TICKET.SUBMITTER_ID)
        left outer JOIN USER O ON (O.ID = HD_TICKET.OWNER_ID)
        join HD_STATUS ST on ST.ID=HD_TICKET.HD_STATUS_ID
        join HD_CATEGORY C on C.ID=HD_TICKET.HD_CATEGORY_ID
        WHERE ST.Name = 'New'

Subject: New Ticket $issue
        Email Column: SUPPORT
        Email Body:
        $category
        $issue
        $submitter
        $created
        $id

View ticket at $ticket_url.

• Benjamin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A great way to handle this would be the addition of an option for "on Ticket creation" under the Custom Ticket Rule: Frequency: - this would add to "on Ticket save".

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What exactly did you do to get it working Fergal? I followed the docs to set it up but I do not recieve any emails. Currently I am using Edwards work around to achieve this functionality.

• Fergal Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have this working on my K1000 service desk - also , it only emails the IT service desk during open hours - ie the emails for unassigned tickets does not run outside of business hours.

Feedback and Knowledge Base