How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

Microsoft Outlook plug-ins

Examples of Outlook plug-ins..

• New Ticket option in Outlook for users that creates a new message in support request form with fields that will send to the Kace support request queue

• Create a Ticket option in Outlook for techs (takes an existing email message from a user and sends it as a Kace support request) that presents a form for the tech support person that will populate in Kace

The kind of thing I am talking about is touched on in this article from 2001(!) where some of the ticket creation work is handled once by the person making the request.

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/build-your-skills-create-a-custom-outlook-support-solution/1047208

Not surprised this article is from 2001 – we were doing stuff like this with Novell GroupWise at my former employee back in the late 1990’s! : )

89 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    John Bullock shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Nick Buonpastore responded  · 

This is under consideration but not planned for the next release, Please continue voting if you’d like to see this feature prioritized for a future release.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know some people in our company live off of their outlook calendar. A plugin to incorperate a ticket dude date into the calendar would be awesome. It wouldnt even have to have an exact time to start off of, just an all day event.

I have done some searching on the web, and nothing comes up about doing this yet.

Feedback and Knowledge Base