How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

Ability to restore all or parts of the database

Our 1100 was getting awful bloated so we decided to wipe it and start with a factory clean system. KB articles and Distribution configurations are in the DB and are not exported in a readable method.

There should be an option to:
1. Have a method to restore parts of the DB such as the KB and even the distribution settings and label settings/query.

2. Have KB and distribution sql settings exported to a text file so that we could look at that information while the kace is down.

3. Have a method to mount the db on an external system or Kace tool to have the ability to read anything left in the db that we might have forgotten to get out.

17 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Craig Johnson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • TPR commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yup. I just posted a question about being able to do back up and restore separate components because when I'm building up a new feature and testing (eg, asset management), I may need to go back to a several day old version without screwing up tickets, inventory, etc.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. We need a selective restore feature, anybody who has had the displeasure of having to recover information can attest to this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base