How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

Users able to view assigned assets in service portal

We are a video game development company and have many software titles that require a licence. We also have game development consoles and other types of hardware that are both networked and not.

What we are doing is assigning software license assets to workstations and hardware assets to users. We can see these license and hardware assets from the admin console.

If I view a user's workstation detailed information I can see the assigned software license assets. If I view a user detail I can see the assigned hardware assets.

When a user logs into the K1000 service centre he/she sees the following tabs in the portal: Welcome, Software library, My computer, License keys, Service desk, Knowledge base and download log.

When the user clicks on the "My computer" tab, as part of the inventory information would it be great for him/her to see which software license assets are assigned to their workstation.

A tab in the user portal titled "My assets" would be great. So when a user is logged in they can see what is allocated to them.

This would be very helpful in tracking inventory and settling discrepancies when inventory is MIA.

37 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Michael Schwenk shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Nick Buonpastore responded  · 

This is under consideration but not planned for the next release, Please continue voting if you’d like to see this feature prioritized for a future release.

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to see what hardware and software a user has from the Admin portal. It would be nice if this feature was there as HR needs to know what needs to get returned from a user when they leave/terminate their employment!

• Paul Lilley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would like to expand this request to list all of a user's assigned assets, or at least to customize what shows for them.

Feedback and Knowledge Base