How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

Dell KACE integrated Remote Control Solution

Dell KACE likes to tout integration with Bomgar and other various remote support utilities making it more or less remote support agnostic. Integration is good and fine, but why not have a built in remote support option that allows an end user to request remote support immediately when they log a ticket? Many of the products in KACE competes with come with their own remote support solution that works with the same agent used for management. It would make sense that KACE have the same while allowing integration for those set on a specific product.

193 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Joe Johnston shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tim Glass commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just upgraded to version 9 and i don't see it. Will this be in version 10 and what is the planned release date for 10?

• John Yanez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree this option would be beneficial. It would be good to see this remote support improvement to expand to Mac OS as well. KACE has the capability to inventory Macs already. It only makes sense that remote support would be supported on Mac's as well.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The primary reason I use the Kace appliance is for remote support of PCs. It seems natural to expect Kace to offer the client access and not have to be dependent on purchasing another software interface.

• Darrell F commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, competitors include this ability for remote controlling Windows and Mac clients, with quick-access system tools. This would be a great addition and enhancement to the SMA.

• Jim Haynie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quest broke off the relationship with Bomgar and the integration is going away. We need a good solution that is well integrated.

• Gerrit Zwart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is really needed! It is crazy with all the other solutions on the market, that this is only available through external software programs without any special price. In my opinion this will definitely make Kace much more popular if it is build in!

• Ben Peters commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The best angle to sell them on Bomgar is that it's a going to save money over time. UVNC is difficult to deploy correctly and securely. Ensuring it runs over secure channel is one part of the battle, but you're still going to face inconsistencies between firewalls. The security concerns alone are enough to ditch VNC if you're subject to audits, and the SaaS solutions like Logmein can start showing up on your assessment reports.
    After convincing management to go with Bomgar, I have gotten nothing but positive feedback on it as a tool, but I also have an even deeper appreciation for siding with on-premises device that is supported by the best of the best.
    Remember shellshock? Patched in the middle of the day. Probably took a whole 5 minutes.

• Joe Johnston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We like both solutions, but try selling the pricetag of Bomgar by itself to management. Even though know that it's high priced. But if the pricetag were rolled into the kbox purchase and licensing, then it's part of a whole solution that still comes in well under the competition.

• Roberto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I had talking about it with a Dell Professional and we found the idea very helpful and more simple to implement than the current solution (UVCN)

Feedback and Knowledge Base