How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

Asset Permissions

Updated Asset Permission to where buttons at buttom of asset can be added or removed based on job requirements, etc.

For example: If employee only make updates to assigned assets but does not have rights to delete make permissions to remove Delete Button in assigned role or make it grayed out.

117 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
mike shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Would love to see an increase in granularity with asset management roles. Allowing techs in different divisions to update differet asset info for different asset types would be incredibly useful.

• Rob Seamon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a very large customer transitioning to Kace and Kace Service Desk functions that is adamant that the ability to delete Assets (and by extension Devices) should be a function that can be specifically denied or allowed on a user or Role level.

• Richb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Requested Sept. 2013, Planned Jan. 2015. New versions have come but this feature is still missing. We have not allowed field techs to modify the software license asset records so therefore they cannot update any asset records! Summer 2016 and still waiting.

• Brad.Buckles commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The feature should include the ability to assign Asset Types to Queue's so that only items within an Asset Type is displayed. Currently we have thousands of Assets that are shown when a user selects an Asset, we would like to limit this to only one Asset Type.

• John Parkinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very important aspect of asset management and most other solutions already include. I would love to see this implemented and soon.

My help desk folks need to be able to make changes to assets statuses and who the asset is assigned to, etc... But those people do not EVER need to have the right to delete an asset from the database.

Feedback and Knowledge Base