How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

recurring tickets or tasks like outlook tasks

good day,
I was wondering if there is a way to create recurring tasks in K1000 e.g. dusting off shipping PC's. or remind head of departments to bring their laptops for quarterly check.
thx -

141 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Siamak Fallahi shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Nick Buonpastore responded  · 

This is under consideration but not planned for the next release. Please continue voting if you’d like to see this feature prioritized for a future release

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jessica commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be wonderful. We just had to get another license and make another email address just to send scheduled reports to our helpdesk to create tickets. If this was handled internally, it would allow the license to be freed up for a team member and all together bypass the potential problems with email.

• Chris Blake commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need tickets to automatically create tickets on a schedule. This might be used for preventative maintenance, audit scheduling, repetitive work, etc.

• Wolsink commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this. For now we use a dummy report an schedule it.
    But this is not user friendly.

• Dan T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are currently using the SMA Service Desk for our Change Management process, so we'd like to trigger a schedule of forward changes to our Services Desks calendar for greater visibility. Has this suggestion progressed in the last few years, as we're on v7.2 now

• Robbie Evans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Up vote for this! I figured out a way to do it sending the queue emails from another queue but its a pain in the butt. Would love for scheduled tickets to be a built in feature

• jonathanbullock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see this as a field in the ticket (only for administrators) as a check box, then when you check the box, it would offer the options of the frequencies of the tickets to be created.

• James Bullock commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to be able to schedule a tickets creation, or have a ticket hidden until a scheduled start time.

We don't need to see work to be completed until it can or should be completed.

Examples:

Checking systems logs/health status in areas that can't be done with automated system monitoring.

Deleting log files so they don't fill a drive and take a system down.

Returning mobile devices back into vacation suspend after they've been automatically re-enable by the provider per provider policy.

I greatly appreciate all Kace has done for us!
    ~James Bullock

Feedback and Knowledge Base