How can we improve the SMA (K1000)?

User Portal - Customized Background Color

Allow the customer to get change Background color for UserPortal Welcome Screen and Admin Welcome Screen.

Simple as that...

206 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Alexandre Porto shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Nick Buonpastore responded  · 

This is under consideration but not planned for the next release. Please continue voting if you’d like to see this feature prioritized for a future release

13 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Justin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks like this can be done now, according to this video: https://support.software.dell.com/k1000-systems-management-appliance/kb/178927

It's simply HTML & CSS. To make my background a dark navy blue, I have this text in my User Console -> Welcome Message text box:

<body style="background-color: rgb(1, 46, 79);">
    Please enter your username and current password below to be granted access. Unauthorized access is monitored and prohibited.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the ability to add a company Logo it seems like changing the background color would be required, trivial, expected, something ...

Are company logo on top of the Dell blue looks bad.

• Mark H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a major problem for us and one that is causing headaches! All our online systems have corporate colours/ branding except KACE! I'm constantly being challenged by users as to why its "blue" and why did I spend so much on something that isn't customisable (forget about all the great stuff under the bonnet - they aren't interested!!!) If this can be reviewed and planned sooner rather than later that would be great!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would definitely like the ability to change the Background of the User Portal a bit. May it be the Background colour or the ability to change the background through the help of our company designers.

• Jordan Nolan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And the spacing is awful too. I put only a couple of paragraphs on the end user portal and on my 12 inch laptops you can no longer see the "Login" button any more. And on a 24" screen the huge border around the custom text looks bad too.

• bwilkerson217 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like this too for better branding of company colors.. It is basically an HTML Page so give us some HTML editing ability. I get reminded all the time by my teachers and admin staff that the school's colors are not blue

• Gustavo Prado commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many customers in Brazil are starting to require that!! We know that Blue makes Dell identity on the solution but for some customers it means internal troubles like their internal identity and competitors color reference as well. Other tools offers this kind of flexibility.

• Glen Craig commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

when looking at v6 it would be great to be able to customize colours, allowing you to tie it to corporate branding.

• KJ Stillabower commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let me change the Dell Kace logo and background color at the login prompt. To use Kace in a large organization throws off the user base who think they are in the wrong place.

I want to brand the login page.

Feedback and Knowledge Base